Chapter 55, Part 1

Songs used:

Wonderland by Natalia Kills

Ariella's P. O. V:

"Do you really have to go, Ari?" Merlin asks me as I make my way down the castle steps to where a guard is minding Beauty, a pink saddle cloth under the elegant saddle, Gwen and the other knights already mounted.

"It is part of my duty, Merlin. And, besides, I want to spend some more time with my friend," I reply as we reach the bottom of the stairs and I turn to him.

Merlin is holding Jason and Mira is beside him. "Okay. But just promise you'll be safe?"

I smile softly as I reply, "Always." I first kiss Merlin's lips, then Jason's and Mira's cheeks. "Be good, you two. I'll be back in time for dinner."

"Okay, mother," Mira and Jason chime in unison, and I see Gwen and the knights smile at them

I go up to my beautiful black Friesian stallion and gracefully swing myself into the saddle, my sword attached to the side and my dagger strapped to my waist.

I spare my husband and kiss a last smile before we all turn our horses around and canter out of the courtyard.

A few weeks have passed since Mordred recovered fully from his wounds, and I've recovered from mine that Morgana gave me all those weeks ago.

I'm now riding beside Gwen and Elyan to their father's grave sight with the other knights. I'd also just wanted to spend more time with the Queen.

After Gwen and Elyan visit their father's grave, we mount our horses again and ride back to Camelot.

"I think he'd be proud," Says Leon, riding beside Elyan as Gwaine rides on my left.

"Particularly of Elyan," Gwen says, smiling.

"Me?"

"Not just because you're a knight, but because of the man you've become."

"You really think so?" Elyan asks.