Chapter 53, Part 1

Ariella's P. O. V:

A few days have passed since we'd gotten back from the incident in Domino. I was taken off training and any quests until I was all healed. Merlin has been looking after me throughout my recovery, and worrying about whatever might hurt me.

Naomi and Yue have also been helping to look after the kids while I healed and Merlin did his chores.

I lie in bed late one night, as Gaius checks to see how my wounds were healing up, though mostly wounds such as my burned hand and bleeding temple. It's now only a light pink smudge and a purple bruise on my forehead, which is also starting to fade.

Luna is curled up on my left, my side of the bed being the farther side from the door, purring contentedly.

Merlin leans against the doorway to our bed chambers as I mutter "Ow," as Gaius finishes tending to the wound on my temple after having seen to my burnt hand, Mira and Jason asleep.

"How is she, Gaius?" Merlin asks worriedly

"The cuts and gashes Morgana gave her have healed up really well, and her hand is just about fully healed, like her side wound and temple wound," The Physician answers, making Merlin look relieved.

"When will I be able to get back to training and horse riding?" I complain, missing my beautiful black stallion, though I've been able to see him in the stables. I just haven't been able to ride him.

Gaius chuckles slightly as he gently pats my knee and says, "You can resume those tomorrow, as long as you don't overdo it. Just be sure to stay rested, alright?"

"Okay, Gaius," I mutter, smiling at the thought of being able to resume training and riding.

"I'll leave some painkillers for you to take. Goodnight, My Lady, Merlin," Gaius says, bowing slightly to me before smiling at his nephew.

"Thank you, Gaius," Merlin utters, relief in his voice.

Once he leaves, Merlin changes into his pyjamas and climbs into bed beside me, pulling me into his arms. "You shouldn't rush back into training and riding, you know, Ari," He says, stroking my hair.