Chapter 27

The next morning, Noah and Jason woke up in each other's arms. Noah was still so sleepy not wanting to get up, especially after the night they just had.

A little flashback came back to him causing him to internally scream and try to hide his blush in the chest of Jason.

"Mmmmm, why is your face all red?" Jason mumbled, nuzzling his cheek into Noah's brown locks.

"That's not helping." He buried his face even more into Jason.

"Well, you are definitely the most delicious person I've ever tasted." Jason added onto that with a tiny nibble to Noah's love bitten neck.

"Seriously~" Noah said, trying to escape Jason's grasp. Not wanting to get distracted since their day off was done.

When Noah finally got out of Jason's arms, he stood up only to fall down again with a painful gasp. He almost hit the ground but thanks to Jason's reflexes he was caught. Bridal style.

"How dare you do this to m-me!" Noah scolded Jason, trying to give him his best glare.

"You promised you wouldn't be mad at me." Jason grinned at him. Noah couldn't exactly be mad. Jason's bed head was so adorable and Noah could see that they both were still naked.

"Ok," Noah grumbled, crossing his arms while wincing. He laid his head against Jason's chest. Listening to his heart beat, they just stayed there for a bit.

They haven't had really any time to themselves, last night was probably the most time they've had.

Noah felt a deep chuckle reverberate through Jason's chest as he was hugged closer to him.

"Let's get you fully washed up," Jason said as he carried Noah to the bathroom. "Isn't today the day that we do Riley's C-section?"

"Yeah," Jason gently put him down on the cold tile. Jason got the shower running, steam started to fill the room.

"Come on," He gently picked Noah up over the wall of the tub. Putting Noah under the stream of hot water.

"Hahhhhh," Noah sighed. Letting the hot water soothe his aching lower back muscles. "Thank you."

"No problem." Jason leaned in, gently giving Noah a smooch on the nose. Enjoying the beautiful blush that rendered his loves' cheeks.

Oops, did I say love?

~~~

"I'm just going to make an incision so that we can get T.L. out." Noah said gently to Riley as she was laid on the surgery table. Her pitch black hair was tied in a bun so it was out her face while sweat sheened on her skin.

She looked even worse with black circles around her eyes, making them look sunken in. Her body, extremely thin except for the big round belly.

Jason reached to inject the epidural but was stopped by a pale bony hand on his wrist. The grip was weak but it had some strength to it.

"Promise me, when I die-" Riley was cut off.

"You're not going to die." Jason said with steel in his voice. He would not let her die before she got to see her child.

"When I die," She corrected him. "You will take Tatum Luna out of here and raise her in the outside world. I don't want another baby born into this facility. Especially when there's a chance."

"But-" Jason didn't want to do that. He wanted her to survive and be able to be the mother that he knew she always wanted to be.

"Please, Jason. Give her a future and never let her forget me." Riley held onto him a little more. Her grey eyes froze him to the spot.

Jason nodded, and injected the epidural then gently put the oxygen mask over her face. He didn't want her to die, how could she be so ok with dying already?

Did she give up?

It was exactly the opposite, Riley trusted Jason and his friends. She knew that she couldn't go on physically to look after her child. To watch her grow up and to love her.

Riley knew she could entrust her daughter to them, to show her the world. So she wasn't giving up.

Noah started the C-section, trying to do it quickly and precisely. Not knowing how Riley's body would be able to go through a long procedure.

Just as he was getting to the baby, the heart monitor started to speed up. Her heart rate spiked, causing more blood to flow out.

"She's going to hemorrhage!" Noah said, while finally cutting through the last band of muscle.

Noah carefully pulled out a beautiful baby girl, pale like her mom with a little tuft of pitch black hair. Her eyes were squeezed shut as she took her first real breath of air and screamed her little lungs out.

Jason watched as Riley's grip slowly slackened on his hand and her breaths evening out.

"...Jason..." Noah had to say his name twice. "Take Tatum Luna." He handed her over to Jason.

He took her even though she was a little bloody but he was a vampire. And she was half vampire as well.

Noah tried his hardest to sew her up but she was already losing too much blood.

Jason made sure to show Riley her baby as she took her last breathe and last words.

"Thank you..." A single tear rolled down her cheek as she got to see her baby for the first time and the last. At least she got to see both her children and she already knew that her love for them would never end. Even in her death.

Then the alarms started blaring...