Chapter 2

Quill picked out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans with a Beetles T-shirt and a blood red plaid long sleeve shirt. He brushed his wet hair then ruffled it with his fingers, giving it it's natural messy look. Then he put on his black high tops and started out the door with his wallet and phone.

Quill walked through his neighborhood of huge houses then down Main St to the ice cream parlor. Rowan was sitting at a picnic table on his phone, ignoring Brooks on the other side. Gloating about how Quill reacted to him.

They both looked up and stood, awe in their eyes at how handsome Quill looked.

"Hey guys!" Quill greeted with a smile. Brooks cheeks darkened slightly.

"Uh-uh um. Hi Quill!" Rowan said a little too loud, Quill could see how much he wanted to face palm himself. He thought it was cute, in a mortal way.

"Let's go," Interrupted Brooks, heading towards Quill then sneaking a hand onto his lower back. Guiding him along while making Rowan run to catch-up.

They went to the theatre, where they saw a movie. Quill sat between Rowan and Brooks while all three shared a popcorn. In Brooks and Quill's cups was blood mixed with Cherry-Pepsi. Quill's favorite drink in the world. He kept on having popcorn hand moments with both of them and almost burst out laughing when they had one themselves. They both recoiled with hate in their eyes and he couldn't understand why they were friends in the first place. It was probably from Rowan's sisters being friends with Heather.

When the movie ended they headed to the Diner. Probably the only restaurant in Cedar Wood. They didn't stay long since they weren't that hungry. They started down the sidewalk, heading to the library. Since Quill wanted to see it, he secretly loved books but he wouldn't tell them or anyone that he loved romance novels. That was one secret he was going to keep till he died and that wasn't going to be for a long time.

A group of three walked down the same sidewalk but opposite of them. "I used to go to Valorian Hi~" Was all Quill said before he tripped. Brooks' reflexes weren't fast enough to catch him so Quill was surprised when strong tan arms wrapped around his waist, then pulled him against a firm chest.

Quill looked up into his savior's eyes which were a deep earthy brown with swirls of grass green. The boy that caught him had deep brown hair and chocolate skin. Quill was in a trance, lost in his eyes when he felt Brooks gently yank him out of his arms. So he was pulled against his firm chest.

That woke him from his trance and gave him time to actually study the people that were in front of them. The boy and girl that were beside the guy with the big strong arms. Quill could feel the guy's muscles practically rippling around him. FOCUS Quill. He took another moment to calm himself which was really hard when he too was pulled up against another firm chest. The boy and girl looked exactly like Muscles, so probably they were related. Siblings or cousins maybe?

Then he sniffed the air and the back of his hair stood up. He heard a growl coming from Muscles and Brooks. Muscles and his friends are werewolves, why does he have to be so gosh darn hot?! A deep down feeling of disgust came bubbling up inside of Quill. Werewolves were loud, hairy, dirty mutts that don't have respect for anyone but their pack. And sometimes not even that! They have no discipline whatsoever.

"Knox," Brooks growled, an even bigger hatred than for Rowan shown in his eyes. His grip tightened around Quill's chest protectively and Quill had to fight with his gay side to pay attention.

"Brooks," Growled Knox back. "I didn't know there was another one of you guys in town." He spat 'you guys' with so much disgust.

Rowan just watched, his hand slowly going down to his easily concealed hunting knife on his waist.

"Guys, just let us through. We mean no harm and are just going to the Library. We're showing Quill around since he just moved here." Rowan calmly said, probably the most calm Quill has ever seen him.

"Just walk away Hunter. We have it covered." Spat the girl next to Knox. Then it clicked in Quill's brain, Rowan was a Creature Hunter. It made sense he smelt something different with him. And off-mortal scent. Nowadays Creature Hunters keep an eye on the creature world. Making sure creatures don't step out of place and keep mortals safe. And sometimes- ok, a lot of times- dissolved conflicts between creatures.

"Ok, can I please just go to the Library." Quill asked, biting back all the insults that were begging to come out. He really didn't want to be in a fight on the first day of seeing this town. Meeting new people can be really annoying. "Thank you for catching me when I fell but please let us go. I heard you guys have a huge Library but probably not as big as the one in Seattle." Quill added his best kissing-arse smile he uses for the higher up vampires but he couldn't actually hide his excitement when he talked about the Library.

He got out of Brooks' grasp and stepped forward to Knox. The best way is to be diplomatic even if you can't stand mutts, he thought. "I'm Quill Able by the way." He held out his hand to Knox, politely waiting for him to shake it. He could feel the gaze of everyone on him, some of disgust and others were like 'what the fudge is he doing?!". Mostly a mix between the two.

Quill was surprised when Knox took it but wasn't at all surprised by the death grip he gave. "Knox, Knox Cedar." He gritted back and let go. Quill then turned to the girl and held out his hand, although he opted out of kissing her knuckles.

"Jade Cedar," Still a death grip. Then he turned to the guy.

"Dylan Cedar," Quill was surprised that he didn't have a death grip but the glare he gave him was just as hard.

"Can we pass now?" Quill asked Knox with a pleading look. Knox had not met a Vampire like him ever, though he was probably just as stuck up like the rest of them but was at least being calm and nice. So he's a diplomatic one, and his last name is Able. So that makes him one of the founding families, just like his. Aaaand he was really cute but he'll never tell anyone.

"Yes," Knox flatly said. They left just enough room for Quill and his friends to walk past them. Brooks bumped into him muttering Mutt but before Knox could react. He heard Brooks yelp because Quill hit the backside of his head. He might like Quill just a little more after that.

They still watched them leave and saw Brooks wrap his arm around Quill possessively just to watch Rowan wack his arm. Brooks looked back just as they rounded the corner and flipped Knox and his cousins off.

"Wow, that guy is something." Dylan commented.

"Yeah, Rowan AND Brooks want him." Added Jade.

"He's very... interesting." Knox said with a gleam in his eye. His cousins looked at him with an 'oh no' look.

"Dumb arse, you can't like him! It's illegal AND he's a vampire!" Chided Jade.

But such a cute and interesting one, thought Knox. "Come on, we need to get back to the pack. It's Marry Anne's birthday and she would kill us if we were late."