Chapter 12

The guests got there to the party early so they all could be there to welcome him. Quill was happy because he was going to meet more of Brooks' family but also nervous. Would they like him? Or would he have to try harder?

"It's ok, stop being so nervous." Brooks said, wrapping his arms around his waist and gently pulling him down to sit on his lap. They were sitting in the living room on one of the armchairs. Brooks started rubbing comforting circles on his back.

"I just want him to like me." Quill leaned on Brooks' chest.

"I'm sure he will like you, who can't?" Brooks kissed him before Quill could reject his compliment. It was a sweet meaningful kiss that lasted for a couple of minutes. Then the guest of honor came. They ignored everyone, stuck in their little world for just a bit longer. Jason would have to get through a lot of people to get to them.

"Quill?" A familiar voice asked. Hurt and anger in their voice. Quill stopped kissing Brooks because that voice made his blood run cold.

"J?" Brooks looked at him confused. "You know Quill?"

Quill was shaking with fear and anger. Jason was his cousin? The man who hurt him was one of his boyfriends' cousins.

"Jason, why are you here?" Quill spat, he was thankful that his voice didn't shake.

"The real question is why is my cousin kissing my boyfriend." Jason was glaring at Brooks.

"I am not your boyfriend." Quill's voice was starting to rise just a bit. "I broke up with you when you cheated on me!" Quill stood up and poked him in the chest, accenting the word your.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Jason dismissed him and kept his glare on Brooks. Brooks got up and started to shuffle Quill behind him.

"I think he knows exactly what he's talking about." Brooks was getting mad, "You are the guy who broke Quill's heart. Who threw him away." All of the guests were watching them now.

"He was mine first." Jason said. This reminded Heather of when they were kids, they always had a problem with sharing toys. It got worse the older they got, Quill wasn't a toy. Heather knew this, he was a lot more to Brooks.

"Well, he isn't anymore." Brooks took Quill's hand and they went to leave. "Mom, we're leaving." Brooks kissed his mom on the forehead then they left.

Brooks could hear his dad yelling for him to come back but he ignored him. They got into his car. "Are you ok?" He asked, putting Quill's seat belt on.

"N-no," Quill was shaking. Brooks looked back at the house and could see Jason looking out of the window. Brooks flipped him off and pulled out of the drive-way. Brooks took out his phone and called Rowan and Knox.

"Guys, meet us at Quill's house. He needs us." They wanted to know why but Quill needed Brooks since he was the only one physically there. Quill was just looking at the charm bracelet, lost in his mind. Brooks took his hand and drove.

They got into the house and went up to his room. Quill looked like a little kid, eyes wide and glassy and just quiet. Brooks sat down on Quill's bed with his back against the wall. He stretched his arms out to Quill and he basically jumped into them.

Rowan and Knox came bursting into the room. The scene they saw broke their hearts. Brooks was cradling Quill in his arms and Quill was shaking. He looked up at them and opened his arms like a child but didn't move from Brooks. The two were quickly by their side.

"What happened?" Knox asked. They positioned Quill so he laid on all of their laps. Rowan was threading his fingers through Quill's hair.

"Jason, that's who." Brooks seethed. Quill shivered at his name. "Apparently my cousin is him. I should have connected the two."

"You wouldn't have known, it's not like an uncommon name." Rowan reassured. They talked about random things because it soothed Quill to listen to their voices. They were going to talk about Jason later when Quill could handle it. He stopped shaking about an hour later then fell asleep two hours later. The boys fell asleep an hour later but it was a light sleep. Sometimes Quill would randomly shake or whimper but it was quickly soothed by one of the boys rubbing his back, legs etc.

In Quill's mind, so many things were going on. Memories of Jason and him, good and bad. One memory was most frequent, the one when Quill caught Jason cheating then the fight they had. But the memories that soothed his random shakes were the memories of Rowan, Brooks and Knox. Them spending time together, going on secretive dates. Some of the more romantic times they had together. Just them in general, soothed all of his nerves.

"Father, we have a problem." Jason said. He knew he would get yelled at so he held the phone a couple inches away from his ear.

"I told you no problems!"

"Well it's something you'll probably want to hear." He paused.

"Get going then!"

"Quill's dating Brooks." Jason grimaced. He didn't tell him that Quill yelled at him, clearly not happy to see him.

"I see," He thought for a while. "Get rid of him, break them up. You can't mess this up."

"But-" He ended the call. "Ahhhh!" Jason's fist connected with the wall beside him.

Heather jumped and clapped her hand over her mouth. 'Why is Jason here? He barely visits and to stay here for who knows how long. And how does he know Quill? More likely, what does he want with Quill and Brooks' relationship?'

'I have to tell Brooks and them. If he found out that something was going on between Quill and the others.' She walked careful back to the party. It was easy for her to figure out that something is going on between them. She also snooped through Brooks' phone and saw their group chat and the video. She needs to tell them to be more careful.