Chapter 6

When they walked inside, the whispers were back. Quill and Lucy walked to two open seats in the front. Sadly it was right next to Knox and Jade, Knox rolled his eyes. About to get up to change seats but the teacher at the front of the class got up and started class.

"We have a new student in our school, Mr. Quill Able?" He looked straight at him.

"Yes, that's me."

"Tell us about yourself," The teacher leaned against his desk. "Where are you from, what do you like to do? Sports? Etc."

Quill got up, feeling the familiar confidence flooding his veins even though he wanted to shy away. "I moved from Seattle to my dad's old house. I used to go to Valorian High Prep School. I love Cross Country, Basketball, and Track. I also like to sing and play the piano and guitar. So umm yeah." He sat back down and everyone in the class was secretly texting the rest of town under their desks about how the new kid was so cool.

He looked over to Knox who just kept on discretely staring at him, Quill just gave him a smile and turned back to Lucy. Before doing that, Quill noticed that Knox was wearing a dark green t-shirt with blue jeans and he couldn't help but see that the shirt fit him perfectly. Quill remembered his arms wrapped around him and his firm chest. Then the smell of him at the truck, interrupting the moment between Quill and Rowan.

"Thank you Mr. Able," He said in a monotonous voice. "Now we're going to start a project and you will need a partner for this." The students erupted in yes's, a lot of the girls wanting to have Quill as their partner. "I will be choosing them for you." Then a chorus of awws followed suit. Quill was a little happy about this, at least he won't be bombarded with girls and some guys around him. And what were the chances of having Knox as his partner? Probably the only person he would want to stay away from. "Your partner will also be your table partner for the semester.

"Ok, Jack with Kyler. Beth with Susie. Quill with Knox." Nevermind, apparently very likely that we'll be partners. "Lucy with Jade."

Quill looked to Knox who didn't seem super pleased about being partners but was also pleased at the same time. To Knox, that meant no girl or the gay guys in class would get to work with him for the rest of the semester. Though Knox didn't exactly know why he thought this. Vampires were what got his brother killed and his niece.

"So, this project is just a get to know your partner project. Yes I know this is CHS Physics but you and your partner will work better together if you know more about each other. Become friends," Was it just Quill or did he just look at the both of them when he said this. "Or more."

"I would like you guys to first move your desks into groups of four so you're not exactly alone with your partner. Today you will have time to work on it during class but for the rest of the week we'll be learning physics. If you guys get done early then you can work on it but mainly you guys will have to work on it on your own time." Quill and Knox quickly paired up their tables with Lucy and Jade to at least be paired up with friends.

"Ok, I know you don't like me or vampires." Whispered Quill, "but I want a good grade and it won't be too bad learning about each other. I basically told the whole class a lot about me. So can we put aside our differences to do this project and apparently everything else for the rest of the semester?" This surprised Knox, this guy again was being nice and diplomatic even though he was friends with Brooks and a vampire.

"Uh- yes I guess." Knox was too caught up in staring into his brown eyes.

"Ok, good. Do you want to come over today after school so we can work on this?" Quill asked, taking out a piece of paper and drawing a rectangle then parting it down the middle with a line. He put Knox on the right and Quill on the left.

Jade and Lucy just kept on watching them both while silently writing things down on their own piece of paper. "He can go over to your house," Said Jade. "You don't have anything going on today or for the rest of the week that you need to be there for." She told Knox.

Knox was still staring at Quill, and Quill knew this. A blush crept up his pale cheeks then he turned to look at him. "Hey," Quill asked. Waving his hand in front of Knox's face slowly, not trying to be rude. "Are you ok?" His eyes filled with concern.

This broke his trance, "Y-yeah. I'm good to go. So are you thinking of doing a board or something like that?"

"Yes, if that's ok with you?" He asked.

"Yeah it is." Knox and Quill talked for the rest of the class. Thinking of adding things from their childhood but had to be careful for Quill since his childhood was a long time ago. They also decided to incorporate a ball from one of their favorite sports. So a basketball for Quill and a lacrosse ball for Knox. They would look for pictures of Quill that would be deemed time efficient later at his house and then go to the store for supplies.

Lucy and Jade were hitting it off just fine. Granted they already knew each other and have lived in the same town all their lives. So they would get the project done pretty fast. Lucy had an off feeling about their new teacher. Him and four others that made up Quill's schedule were new. Mr. Right, Mr. Beights, Mrs. Beights, Mr. Welch and Ms. Harris. Mr. Right was keeping an eye on Knox and Quill and writing things down in a journal.

'Maybe he's just keeping an eye on the class while we work.' Lucy thought. Before they knew it the bell rang. Quill and Knox had basically planned out the layout of the poster board and created a list of what they wanted on it. They just had to gather all of the information and the photos for it.

"Hey, Quill." A shy voice asked with a tap to his shoulder.

"Hi," Quill turned around to face a short, skinny girl that looked like she would break if you touched her wrong.

"I-I'm Susie," She blushed. "I wanted to know if you would like to~"

"Come on Quill, I can show you to your next class. It's right next to mine." Knox cut her off, not even giving her a glance.

"Don't be so rude Knox," Quill chided though he was glad he interrupted because Quill already knew where this was going. "This lovely lady was just talking to me."

Knox looked so jealous and turned to glare at Susie. Her eyes went wide, showing the whites around green. "Th-thank y-ou. I wanted to know ifyouwouldliketogoonadatewithme?" She asked with lightning speed.

"No thank you," Quill said with his most sympathetic smile.

"B-but" Susie stuttered.

"He answered you," Knox said and then grabbed Quill's hand and dragged him away.

"That was a little mean," Quill glared at him. "But thank you a lot. I kinda feel bad for them. So many girls ask me out but I'm not interested."

"Not interested?" He asked.

"Well, I'm gay and it's against the law." Quill looked at him to see his expression.

"I see," Knox said thoughtfully. "How long have you been gay?"

"About seventy years."

"Did you have a boyfriend at your old school?" Knox asked quietly that if it wasn't for Quill's great hearing, he wouldn't have heard.

"Yes," He said bitterly.

"Not a good guy?" Knox asked as they round a corner, entering the English hall.

"Um... You could say that." They both stopped talking, Knox seeing that Quill didn't want to talk about it. 'So it must have been a bad break up.' Thought Knox.

"This is your class," Knox said, then they both looked down. Seeing they were still holding hands. They quickly dropped them, stepping back a foot from each other.

"Thanks." They parted their ways to their own English classes.