Chapter 37

Becca picked up the kids from daycare after work the next day. Axel was falling apart in the car on the way home. She was almost sure that it was his teeth that was making him a grouch. She met Melinda at the house when she dropped off Chris. 

"How is the planning coming?" Melinda asked. 

"It's coming," Becca chuckled. 

"That good huh?"

"It's coming along nicely, I just didn't realize how much had to be done."

Melinda nodded. She remembered it all quite well from her own wedding. She had been happy once it was all over with and she was officially Mrs. Jaycobson. She was thankful for her husband and glad that he got along with Shawn. It made their situation so much easier. She was glad that Shawn had found Becca. 

"Chris is so excited that you two are getting married. He loves having Chloe and Axel for siblings over here," she said. 

"They love having a big brother who spoils them rotten." Becca chuckled. 

"That's great."

Becca nodded. She looked at her grouchy son as he sat on the living room floor. Chris had lay down in front of him and was watching him. 

"What's wrong grouchy boy?" Chris asked. 

"Pretty sure it's his teeth," Becca said. 

"Is dad home yet?"

"No not yet. He had a later meeting tonight,"

Chris nodded. Melinda headed home. Becca went to the kitchen to start making dinner. Chloe ran in the kitchen. 

"Mama, can I have some juice?" she asked. 

"You sure can," Becca smiled. 

"Thank you."

The kids were all in bed before Shawn got home from work. He walked in the house and sighed heavily. Becca looked at him. 

"Hey baby," she said. 

"Hey love," he replied. 

"How was your day?"

"Tiring."

"I'm sorry love. Come here and I'll give you a shoulder massage."

"It's all good, babe."

He sat down in front of her though. She began to rub his shoulders. He moaned as she worked on a knot that he had in the spot where his neck and shoulder met. She kissed the back of his head. He smiled. 

"I missed you today," she said. 

"I missed you too." he replied. 

"Everything going ok?"

"Yeah it's all right, I guess. Just a long day."

"I'm sorry. I will get you something to eat."

"It's all right babe. I can get it. How were the kids tonight?"

"They were all right. Axel is teething something horrible."

"He a grouch?"

"Yeah of course."

Shawn glanced back at her. She smiled and kissed his lips. He scrunched up his nose at her. She laughed and poked him in the nose. He chuckled. 

"I'm glad to be home," he said. 

"We are glad that you are home, babe." she replied. 

He leaned back against her legs. She rested her arms around his shoulders. He yawned. 

"Let's go to bed," he said. 

"You aren't going to eat anything?" she asked him. 

"Nah, I just want to go to bed."

She nodded, looking at him funny. He turned and kissed her lips. She smiled. 

"I'm just tired," he said. 

"You need to eat something though, babe." she replied. 

"I know babe. It's all right."

She shook her head. She got up and went into the kitchen. She made him a plate before taking it to him. He looked at her. She set the plate down in front of him. 

"Eat something, Shawn," she said. 

He nodded. He ate what she had placed in front of him. They went to bed after he was done eating. He lay next to her and pulled her close to him. He was worn out from his day. He closed his eyes and fell asleep quickly. Becca was concerned about him. He was trying to do so much that he was running himself into the ground. She watched him sleep for a moment. 

"Baby, I'm fine," he said with his eyes still closed. 

"Sorry love, I'm just worried," she said. 

"It's all right. I'll slow down some. I promise."

She snuggled in closer to him. He held her tighter. She turned and kissed his chest. He smiled and kissed the top of her head. 

"I love you, Becca," he said. 

"I love you too," she replied. 

He had something weighing on him. She could tell that something was bothering him. 

"What is it babe?" she asked. 

"Celeste keeps coming in the office," he said. 

"For what?" 

"Just being extremely annoying."

"I'm sorry. Shawn, you know I trust you."

"I know it just gets on my nerves."

"Shawn, look at me. I have complete faith in you."

He nodded. Becca smiled and pulled him closer to her. She rested her head against his chest. 

"Nothing is going to hurt us, Shawn. I love you and I know that we are going to be just fine. I promise you," she said. 

"Yeah?" he asked. 

"Of course babe."

He loved that Becca could be so optimistic in the face of such drama. She had been thru a lot in her life and he was glad that she had been able to overcome it all. She was an amazing mother to their children and he loved it. 

"Get some sleep love," she said. 

"I love you Becca," he yawned. 

"I love you too,"

They both went to sleep. Shawn had nightmares that night about Celeste trying to come between them with the nonsense that she had brought into the office that day. She was trying to convince him that they had a child together. He was just hoping that he got it all dealt with before Becca found anything out. He didn't want to hide it from her but he didn't want it weighing on her either.