Chapter 7

Becca walked into the house. Marshall was laying on the couch with Axel. She smiled at him. He was always the doting uncle. Chloe was asleep on the other couch. She smiled watching them. Her brother was awake. He looked up at her.

"Hey, how was lunch?" he asked.
"It was good. It's nice to be around another adult that isn't my brother," she said.
"Gee thanks."

She chuckled.

"I don't mean it in a bad way," she said.
"It's cool. Just use me as a baby sitter, like mom used to," he joked.

Her eyes widened and she stared at him. He sighed.

"Becca, I am just kidding," he said.
"Marshall, that's my biggest fear," she said.
"Becca, you ain't mom. Come on now, you know that."
"I hope not."

She looked at her little boy laying on her brother's chest. He was sound asleep. She smiled.

"You are his favorite," she said.
"He is pretty cool too," Marshall laughed.

She laughed. He stared at her. Chloe stirred on the couch. She looked over at her daughter. The little girl rubbed her eyes.

"Mama," she smiled a sleepy little smile.
"Hey baby girl," Becca grinned.
"Hi."
"Did you have fun with Uncle Marshall?"

Chloe nodded. Becca picked her daughter up and hugged her. She was glad that she had brought them back to their real family. Chloe was spoiled rotten by Marshall and Nathan. Axel was being spoiled as well.

"Marshall," she said.
"What?" he asked, looking at his little sister.
"Thank you for everything you have done for us,"
"Becs, you are my little sister. Of course I am gonna take care of you."
"You really didn't have to but I appreciate it."
"Becca, I promised you and Nate when you were little that I would be there for you always."

She leaned down to kiss her big brother's cheek. He looked at her.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked.
"You just did but yeah," he said.
"Why don't you have a girl?"
"Too much drama. Plus after all this shit with Kim, I can't do that shit again."
"But think about it. Why should you put yourself on a back burner for everyone else? You deserve that bit of happiness too."
"I am good little sister. Really."

She made a face at him. She had been talking to Skylar about relationships and dating after the mess she had been thru. Skylar got her thinking that maybe Jesse wasn't the end for her. She still had a lot of life left and two beautiful kids.

"Why are you asking all this?" he asked.
"Just been doing some thinking," she said.
"About what?"
"If Jesse was it for me and I am gonna raise these two alone forever."
"Nah, Becs, you are my little sister. You will be fine. I just know it."

She nodded. He smiled and kissed the top of his nephews head. He was glad that she lived there with him. He liked having the babies there with him as well.

"Everything in life works out the way they are supposed to, little sister," he said.
"I guess," she replied.

He got up carefully from the couch. He walked to the kitchen. He had decided to order dinner that night. She walked in behind him. He smiled.

"What are you wanting for dinner?" he asked.
"A burger and fries," she said.
"Nuggets," Chloe told him.
"I got you baby girl," Marshall smiled.

Chloe giggled. Becca had set her down on the counter. She smiled at her daughter. Marshall got out the menu for what they were looking for.

"Have you heard from Nate lately?" she asked.
"No, not for a bit. I see his shit on Instagram," he replied.

She nodded. She thought that maybe he was mad at her again. She worried about that after everything they had been thru. Marshall watched her.

"It's normal for him to be like that though. It ain't got anything to do with you Becs," Marshall said.

She nodded. She just wished he was around a bit more. She missed her brother. Marshall looked at her for a minute.

"Give him a call," Marshall said.
"I will," she said.
"All right."

Axel stirred in Marshall's arms. Becca smiled. Her little man's eyes opened and he blinked a few times.

"Hey handsome," she cooed at him.

His little face broke into a grin. It was so cute to see him when he got happy. She grinned.

"You got your favorite uncle?" she asked him.

He giggled. Marshall shifted the little boy in his arms.