Chapter 25

Becca smiled when she woke up next to Shawn. He looked peaceful as he slept. She wasn't surprised when her bedroom door burst open and Chloe rushed in. Becca was thankful that she and Shawn were covered by the sheet on the bed. Chloe stopped almost dead when she saw who was in her mother's bed. 

"Mama, daddy stayed last night?" Chloe asked. 

"Yeah baby he did, how about you go wait downstairs for me and we'll make him some breakfast?" Becca smiled. 

"Ok."

Chloe ran from the room. Becca chuckled. 

"Breakfast huh?" Shawn asked, eyes still closed. 

"Shh, you're supposed to be sleeping," Becca teased. 

"I am sleeping."

"Come down in a few minutes all right?"

"Got it."

She laughed as she got up to get dressed. She went down the stairs to help her daughter make Shawn breakfast. 

"Mama, when's uncle Marshall coming home?" Chloe asked. 

"Tomorrow baby girl," Becca said. 

"Is daddy staying until then?"

"I don't know love."

They made pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. Becca helped Chloe put it on a tray to take up to Shawn. He had put on a pair of boxers and basketball shorts while they were down stairs cooking and looked like he was sleeping. Becca smirked as she followed her daughter into the room. Chloe climbed onto the bed and tapped him on the shoulder. 

"Good morning daddy," she said. 

"Good morning, beautiful girl," Shawn fake yawned. 

"Mommy and I made you breakfast."

"You did?"

"Yes, we did."

She stood on top of the bed and grinned down at him. 

"Well what did you make?" Shawn asked, eating up the fact that Chloe was calling him dad. 

"Pancakes, eggs, and bacon." Chloe said. 

"Yum."

"Mama."

Becca set the tray down for the two of them. She headed out to get Axel as he began to fuss in his crib. She changed his diaper and took him down to the kitchen to eat her breakfast as well as feed Axel. A while later, Shawn came down the stairs with the tray. He smiled when he saw her. 

"Hey gorgeous," he said. 

"Hey handsome," she replied. 

"How are you and our boy this morning?"

"We are good. How was your breakfast with Chloe this morning?"

"It was great."

"Good I'm glad to hear it."

He put his hands on her hips and kissed the back of her neck. He smiled at her. She leaned back into him. He set his chin on her shoulder. Axel stared up at them from his high chair. He would only know Shawn as his dad at this point and Shawn was more than happy to play that role. 

His phone began going off. He let go of Becca to pick it up. He rolled his eyes when he saw who was calling. He dropped his phone on the counter and ignored it. Becca looked at him funny. 

"What's wrong?" she asked. 

"Celeste has been calling me lately. At least once a day since we ran into her," he said.