Chapter 30

Becca and the kids moved in with Shawn right after they closed on the house. She was looking for someone suitable to set her brother up with still. Most of the girls were so stunned that Marshall Mathers was her brother that they were just there for the fame and the money. She wasn't trying to bring that into her brother's life. Chloe was thrilled to be living with Shawn and Chris now. She was calming down. 

"Morning beautiful," Shawn smiled as he woke up. 

"Good morning, handsome," Becca leaned over to gently peck his lips. 

She was so excited that they had moved in together. She had never thought that she could feel this way about anyone after everything that had gone on with Jesse. She was thankful for Shawn and the way he took care of her kids. They loved Shawn as well. Chloe ran down the hall and jumped on their bed. Shawn laughed. Chloe sat on his stomach. They could hear Axel down the hall in his crib. Becca got up from the bed and walked down the hall to get her son. He held his arms up to her. She lifted him up from the crib and changed his diaper. He giggled and squirmed. 

"Little man, stop," she said. 

He stared up at her as she finished his change. She let him run off to join Shawn and Chloe in the other room. She followed him down the hall. She smiled when she saw Shawn in the living room with the kids. She was supposed to be going to the studio later that day. 

"Babe, do you want to keep the kids home with you or do you have to go to work?" she asked. 

"I have to work today babe," Shawn replied. 

"All right."

She prepared the kids to go to daycare. Shawn had to head out to his office. She took the kids to daycare in the studio before she went to her office. She started to work on the paperwork that was there from the other offices. She had to keep track of everything now for the clients that would come in and use the studio as well. She sighed. Marshall came into her office. 

"How is it living with the boyfriend?" he asked. 

"It's fine," she smiled. 

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, we are both at work now. The kids are down in daycare now."

"So you guys are getting along well?"

"Why would you think we wouldn't?"

"I was just asking. Why are you getting defensive?"

"I'm not. How are you doing without us there?"

"I'm doing all right. I have a date tonight."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Good. I'm glad that you are getting out there. I don't like the idea that we left you alone in that big old house."

"I'm fine, Becca. I promise."

"Yeah?"

"Yes, I am all right."

"I love you Marshall."

"I love you too Becca."

She finished up her work and picked up the kids. She headed home to get dinner ready for her family. She had it ready when Shawn walked in the door. He looked exhausted. She turned and looked at him. He smiled and kissed her cheek. 

"Hey baby," he said. 

"Hey," she replied. 

"How was your day?"

"It was all right. Glad to be home now."

She nodded. He picked up Axel from the floor. She smiled as she watched the two of them together. 

"I'm gonna go change clothes before we eat," he said. 

"All right babe," she replied. 

He put Axel back down again and walked down the hall to their bedroom. She got dinner on the table for them. Shawn came back down the hall. He scooped up Chloe and kissed her cheek. The little girl giggled. They sat down to eat. Becca gave the kids their plates and made Shawn's plate as well. He smiled at her. 

"Thank you," he said. 

"You're welcome," she replied. 

"This looks incredible."

She smiled as they all ate. 

"Chris comes this weekend," Shawn said. 

"Good," she replied. 

"It will be a good family weekend."

She nodded. They put the kids to bed together. Shawn pulled her from Chloe's room and gently closed the door. Shawn led her down to their living room. 

"Let's watch a movie," he said. 

"Sounds good," she replied. 

They lay on the couch and picked a comedy to watch. She lay in his arms. He held her close and kissed the side of her head. She snuggled into his chest. 

"So apparently my brother has a date," she said. 

"Oh yeah?" Shawn asked. 

"That's what he told me today."

"That's great babe. I know you were worried about him when you moved out."

She nodded against his chest. 

"Well at least you know he will be all right. Have you told Jesse yet about moving?" he asked. 

"I sent him a letter last week." she said. 

"You think he's going to be upset about it?"

"No, I think he expects it, honestly."

"Yeah, how do you feel about this move?"

"I love it. I love being able to come home to you."

"Me too. I love getting to see you and the kids as soon as I am home from work."

"Yeah?"

He nodded and kissed the top of her head. She smiled and kissed his chest. He sighed contentedly as she snuggled back into him. He held her tighter as they lay there. 

"Ready for bed?" he asked as the movie ended. 

"Yeah," she said. 

They headed up the stairs to their room. They checked in on the kids that were now sleeping soundly in their rooms. Shawn led Becca down to their room. She wrapped her arms around his neck. He put his hands on her hips and kissed her lips. They went about their night time routines and went to bed next to one another. It was different for Becca to be lying next to him rather than alone in her room at her brother's house.