Chapter 32

Becca was happy with Shawn. He was great with the kids and they were enjoying their life together which in turn made her brother happy. He just wanted the best for her and the kids. He was waiting for her in the office when she walked in the door. She smiled and hugged her big brother. 

"Hey bubby," she smiled. 

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you," he said. 

"About what?"

"Mom reached out to me."

Becca froze. Marshall had figured that would be her reaction but he had to know what she wanted to do. 

"Marsh, I know you and her are all right and I know Nate has made his peace but I'm just not there yet," she said, quietly. 

"That's fine Becs, I just needed you to know that she had reached out." he replied. 

"I'm definitely not there."

He nodded. She sighed. He sat down on the couch in her office. She collapsed into the chair on the other side of her desk. She looked at him. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start your day off super shitty," he said. 

"It's all right. I was just thinking," she replied. 

"About what?"

"I have no idea who my father even is."

"None of us do, honestly. She was going to bingo and came home telling us she was pregnant so it must have been some guy she met there."

"I haven't ever really worried about it before but it's so weird. Nate knows who his father is and you knew about the guy who helped create you. I know absolutely nothing about the man who contributed it to my birth."

"I'm sorry Becs."

She shrugged. She didn't want to deal with it really. She was worried about her children knowing their own father with him being behind bars. She knew that Chloe knew who Jesse was but Axel would only know Shawn as his father. She worried a bit about it. She wasn't sure how Shawn would feel about it. She would have to talk to him when she got home that night. 

"What's going through your head, Becca?" Marshall asked. 

"I just wonder how much Axel is going to question things. I mean he has Shawn to look up to and things are going great but there is always that what if factor," she said. 

"You know my house is always open to you if you need it."

"I know that and I don't want to feel like I am putting a hex on what I have going on with Shawn right now. He is incredible and he treats me like a queen. I just worry about the kids being in the same boat that I am in now. I really don't know who I am and where I come from."

"Becca, you are a Mathers. That's all that matters."

"Do you think it's a bad idea to write Jesse about it?"

"I mean you gotta do what you feel is right. I would talk to Shawn about it first before bringing it up to Jesse. I mean he can't do shit from prison other than give you advice."

Rebecca nodded. She looked at her big brother. He smiled at her. She got to work so he headed out to get ready to go into the studio. She was deep in thought when her phone went off. She answered it. 

"Hey baby girl, how's your day going?" Shawn's voice met her ears. 

"Hey sweetheart," she replied. 

"What's going on babe?"

"What do you mean?"

"I can hear it in your voice."

"I guess my mother reached out to Marshall about me and he brought it up to me today. Got me thinking about how I don't even know who my father is. Makes me think about the kids and how they may wonder one day about who their father is."

"Chloe knows who he is and what he did."

"I know but I don't know how Axel will deal with it."

"I mean you can always write Jesse about it and ask what he wants him to know or we can wait until he is older. I mean a dad is who raises you not who helped you be created."

"I know that you're right. I just don't want the kids to go thru the shit that I question about myself sometimes."

"Baby, I'm behind you no matter what you decide,"

"I love you, Shawn."

"I love you too, Becca."

She sighed. She now wished that she was at home with him so that she could show him how much that she loved him. He chuckled over the phone. He knew right where her mind had gone. 

"Don't laugh at me," she giggled. 

"You are so easily readable babe," he said. 

"I know. Only when it comes to you,"

"It's all right. I like that about you."

She chuckled. 

"I'll see you tonight gorgeous," he said. 

"All right babe," she replied. 

"Love you."

"Love you too."

She sighed as she hung up and sat back in her chair. She was still debating on whether she was going to write Jesse. She wasn't sure that he would understand it. He never fully understood her and where her thoughts where at. It was what she loved about Shawn. He always knew where her thoughts were at. 

She headed home that night. Shawn had gotten home early so he had started on dinner. She was glad that he had taken over it all that night. She set Axel down before going over to give Shawn a kiss. He smiled at her. 

"I missed you today," he said. 

"I missed you too," she replied. 

He slid his arms around her waist. 

"You figure out what you want to do yet?" he asked. 

She shook her head. She looked at her son. Chloe came down from her room that she had run up to as soon as they had walked into the house. She walked into the kitchen and looked at them both. Shawn smiled at her. 

"Hey princess," he said. 

"Hi daddy," she replied. 

"Did you have a good day?"

Chloe nodded. He smiled and looked at Axel. The little boy had crawled into the kitchen. Becca moved to pick him up. Shawn had finished up dinner and they sat down to eat before finishing their evening with some relaxing time.