Chapter 28

Becca and Shawn had begun searching for a house together. She was on Zillow in the office while working on the reports needed for the financial team.

"Babe," Shawn said in her ear.

"What?" she asked.

"I just sent you a link to a house. Let me know what you think."

"Ok. Give me a bit. I gotta finish this report before Julie comes down here and tries to take off my head again."

Shawn chuckled. She sighed. Both Chloe and Axel were at the daycare. He was becoming quite the handful in the office.

She finished the report and emailed it before logging into her personal email to get the house listing that Shawn had sent. She smiled when she saw it.

It was perfect

It was perfect. She never wanted anything ridiculously huge. She was glad that it had a pool for use during the summer. She called Shawn.

"Hey gorgeous," he said.

"Hey, ask to see that house in person please," she said.

"Done deal babe."

"Great!"

"I will let you know when I get a response."

"Ok babe."

"Get that report done?"

"Yeah, all sent in."

"Good. How is Marshall?"

"He is good. Things are going well as long as Chloe acts like she has some sense."

"It's never the terrible twos that is the problem. It's always when they turn three. Chris was a hellion at her age."

"Well as long as it ain't just my kid."

He laughed. She had to send an update to her ex soon as well. She had promised and wasn't going to break it anytime soon. Shawn understood that she was a woman of her word and she wasn't about to stop now.

"Are you telling him about us moving in together?" Shawn asked.

"Nope, not until it happens. He knows you are a huge part of the kids lives and he knows that Chloe is calling you dad but that's it," she said.

"Ok, babe, I gotta go."

"Ok I will talk to you later."

She hung up the phone and leaned back in the chair. Marshall walked into the office. She looked at him funny.

"What?" she asked.

"Looking for Axel. He is a great babe magnet," Marshall said.

"Seriously? Eminem has to use his nephew to pick up chicks?"

"No but he certainly makes it easier."

"That is because my baby is so handsome."

"Don't be a snob, Becca."

She laughed.

"By the way, Kim is in the building right now. Just thought you should know," he said, taking off from her office.

"Marshall," she yelled after him.

She shook her head. As long as the woman stayed away from her and her kids, Becca didn't care that she was there. She just wanted nothing to do with her.

She spotted the crazy broad when she was on her way out. She had Chloe by the hand and Axel on her hip. Marshall was standing there talking to Kim.

"Mama, why he talkin to the bad lady right there?" Chloe asked.

"Chlo-bug, that mess is none of our business," Becca replied as they walked by.

"Bye bye Uncle Marshy," Chloe said.

"Bye baby, I will see you at home," he replied.

"Marshy?" Kim scoffed.

Becca gritted her teeth as they passed by. She wanted to turn around and sock her in the mouth. Marshall ignored Kim's comment to continue his discussion about Whitney's graduation.

"Mama, can we go to daddy's?" Chloe asked.

"He is working late tonight baby girl, but you can call him," Becca answered as she put Axel in his car seat.

"Ok."

Becca got them all situated in the car and dialed Shawn's number. He was on Bluetooth thru her car speakers so the kids could hear him and Becca could easily drive.

"Hey babe," he answered.

"Hey, someone is missing you," Becca replied.

"Who?"

"Daddy I miss you," Chloe said.

"I'm sorry baby. I have a late night in this boring office. I will see you this weekend though."

"Ok."

"I love you little lady."

"Wuv you too daddy."

Chloe didn't look nearly as distraught as she had when they had returned home from Shawn's house.

"Have you talked with Chris about this whole moving thing?" Becca asked.

"Yes babe. He is super excited about it and can't wait to have Chloe and Axel all the time in the house," Shawn replied.

"Yeah?"

"He asked me the other day if we were gonna have more kids or not."

"What did you tell him?"

"That you and I hadn't really discussed it yet."

"Well we are on the phone now. What are you thinking?"

"I would love to have a baby with you."

She was surprised by this revelation as she wasn't sure she wanted any more. It was hard when everything happened with Jesse and she didn't want to be that single mother with a whole mess of kids. In all reality she was terrified of what having a baby with Shawn would mean for the two of them.

"We go check out that house on Saturday." he said breaking her thought process.

"Sounds good," she replied.

"Becs, you don't have to answer on the whole kid thing right now. Its all right to be scared after what you went through but know that I would never abandon you with our child."

She knew he meant it but a huge part of her was terrified of that exact thing happening to her. She wasn't sure she could take it and raise another kid if the father wasn't around.