Chapter 26

They all had lunch together before Becca loaded up the kids to head to Shawn's for the weekend. He was excited that they were coming to stay with him. Chris was dropped off by his mother shortly after they arrived. Becca had sent Marshall a text letting him know they weren't going to be there when he got home.

"So what's the plan this weekend babe?" she asked.

"Just relaxing and enjoying the kids," he said.

"Sounds nice."

He nodded. Chris came down to the living room. Shawn looked up at him.

"What's up bud?" he asked.

"Jack, Eric, and Michael want to know if they can come over," Chris asked him.

"I don't care as long as you are still good to Chloe,"

"Of course dad. I wouldn't be mean to my little sister."

Shawn smiled at his son. Chris was a great big brother and a good kid. He texted his friends to come over. Becca watched her son play on the living room floor. Axel looked up at them with a big smile on his little face.

"What do you want to do about dinner?" Shawn asked.

"Pizza?" Chris suggested.

"Sounds like a plan since I now have four teenage boys to feed."

Chris laughed. Shawn looked at Becca. She nodded in agreement. They were going to have pizza that night. She scooped up Axel from the floor when the doorbell rang. Chris went to get it and let in his friends.

"Sup, Mr. Danvers," one of the boys said.

"Michael," Shawn replied.

"Who is that? She is hot," another boy grinned.

"That's my dad's girlfriend, Becca," Chris said.

"She's hot as hell."

"Watch your mouth Jack."

Shawn stared at this teenage boy, shooting daggers. Chris rolled his eyes at his friends. Becca shook her head and moved to Shawn's side. He wrapped an arm around her and looked down at Axel in her arms.

"Boy you better take these little fools to your room or where ever." Shawn growled.

"Daddy," Chloe said.

"Who are these kiddos?" Michael asked.

"Becca's kids and my new siblings Chloe and Axel," Chris said.

"Cool."

The boys headed off to the den while Shawn stayed with Becca and the two little kids. Chloe looked in the direction that Chris had just gone. She really looked up to him.

"You can follow him," Shawn told her.

She nodded and took off down the hall.

"Imagine what our life would be if you lived here," Shawn said.

"I know babe," Becca replied.

"We will get there someday."

She nodded. She was extremely nervous about moving into a home with a guy she was dating. It had turned out so well the last time. Shawn understood where she was coming from and tried not to push it on her.

"Baby," he said.

She looked up at him.

"We are doing this all at your pace but I want you to know, I would never hurt you. I promise. You mean way too much to me and to Chris." he continued.

She nodded and buried her head in his chest. It wasn't that she didn't trust him to keep his word, it was just all very new to her. She hadn't really had a man treat her right, ever. He was the first to do so and he was great at it. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him.

"I love you Becca," he said.

"I love you too," she replied.

"We will take this slow, I promise."

She nodded. She appreciated his sensitivity to her emotions. He kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Let's enjoy our weekend," he said.

She nodded. He went to get the pizzas when they arrived. She made a plate for her daughter and a small one for her son.

"Get yours before I turn those heathen boys loose in here," he said.

She chuckled. She got her food and then watched as Shawn called the boys in. It was incredible to her how much teenage boys could eat. She looked at them.

"Can we take it back to the den?" Chris asked.

"You may," Shawn replied.

"Thanks dad,"

The boys headed back down the hall.

"Chloe come eat," Becca called.

"Mama I wanna eat with Chris." her little girl called back.

"Then come get your plate and do not make a mess."

Chloe ran to the kitchen. She carried her plate with two hands back to the den to hang out with her brother and his friends. He didn't mind her being around and neither did his friends.

"He is such a great kid," Becca said.

"He is so used to having little ones around from being at Mindy's place with all of those little ones." Shawn smiled.

"Yes but he didn't have to take Chloe on like that," Becca said.

"He knows what you mean to me. She means a lot to us as well." he said.

Becca smiled. Shawn kissed her head as she fed Axel. He was becoming a mess with pizza sauce on his face. Becca chuckled at her son. Shawn sat down at the table with her.

"This is going to be a great weekend," she said.

"It definitely is. A family weekend with all five of us," he smiled.

"Just a glimpse into our future, handsome."

"I really hope so,"

She nodded. After they ate, she cleaned up Axel. He was a complete mess. She smiled as she shifted him onto her hip.

"What do you want to do, daddy," she asked Shawn.

"Damn baby, I love it when you call me daddy," he growled slightly.

She chuckled. He pulled her into his arms, being careful of Axel in her arms, to kiss her.

"I can't wait for all these kids to go to bed," he said.

She giggled. Axel rubbed his eyes. She smiled. He was going to be down for the night soon.