Chapter 38

Becca was the one to get up with the kids the next day. Shawn was still off and she was worried about him. He had tossed and turned most of the night. She walked into their bedroom as he was getting up after noon. He looked over at her. 

"What's up?" he asked. 

"What's going on with you?" she demanded. 

He sighed heavily. He really didn't want to tell her but he knew that he better or it would come back to bite him in the ass later. 

"I told you about Celeste coming into the office?" he asked. 

"Yeah, what about her?" Becca asked him. 

"She came in claiming that she has my child."

Becca rolled her eyes. He looked up at her. 

"Shawn, seriously?" she asked. 

"I don't know babe," he replied. 

"Have you seen this child?"

"No, not in person. Just photos."

"Babe, we will deal with whatever comes our way together. I mean we dealt with Jesse together and this is no different. We can handle whatever life throws at us."

"You sure? She is crazy as hell."

"I'm sure."

He nodded. She smiled at him and wrapped her arms around his neck. He was sitting on their bed so she straddled his lap. She pressed a kiss to his lips and ran one hand thru his hair. He smiled at her. 

"I love you Shawn. Forever and always," she said. 

"I love you too, Becca," he replied. 

"We will be fine, I promise."

He nodded at her. She heard a cry go up from down the hall that indicated that her son was awake and ready to get out of bed. She headed down to get him from his nap. He put his arms up when he saw her. She kissed his little cheek. 

"Let's get that diaper changed little man," she said. 

"Mama," Chloe came into the room. 

"What baby?" 

"Is daddy up?"

"Yeah baby, he is. Daddy was just really tired today,"

She nodded and ran off to find him. Becca finished Axel's diaper change and then went to the living room. Her phone went off. She grabbed it. 

"Hello," she said. 

"Hey sis," Nathan said. 

"What's up?"

"Would you be willing to watch the kids tonight so I can take Ashley out?"

"Yeah we should be able to do that,"

"Do what?" Shawn came down the hall with Chloe in one arm. 

"Watch Nathan and Ashley's little monster's," Becca said. 

"Yeah that sounds cool."

"Oh, I guess Audri is going to a friend's house. So it's just the boys." Nathan said over the phone. 

"That's fine," Becca replied. 

She looked at Chloe. 

"You want to hang out with your cousin's tonight?" she asked. 

"Yeah," Chloe cheered. 

Becca laughed. Becca was glad that her daughter got along with her nephews. She was worried about Shawn dealing with everything going through his head. He didn't deserve what Celeste was trying to do. Becca looked over at him as he stood there in the living room. She looked at him curiously.