Sticky Note Talk

I growl. I am in bed, moving around. My head feels like it is about to explode from the piercing headache. I place my hand on top of my forehead and try to open my eyes. But the sun squishing its way inside my room blinds me and thus I end up closing them again.

"Why did I drink so much last night..." I say with my morning raspy voice. This headache would not have appeared if I were to have controlled myself, but it seemed I ended up drinking more than I promised myself.

I try to remember what happened last night, but everything is just too blurry. I recall easily drinking with Sakura and talking about my story. I vaguely remember seeing Taehyung and drinking with him, but after that, there is nothing that comes up.

Fully waking up, I make myself out of the room and down the stairs. With each step that I take, my pain worsens. Going down the stairs actually feels like going into hell.

I scratch my messy hair whilst entering the kitchen. I should prepare myself some hangover soup before going to work. And, when taking out the ingredients onto the counter, I realise there's a sticky note on top. It takes me back to that day - my skin turning pale white.

I place the ingredients on top and grab it, eyeing Taehyung's phone number. It is not my handwriting, which means we both came back here together. I get even paler just thinking about it.

Making my way to work, I continue to think about everything. I try to remember, but nothing else comes to mind - no matter how much I want to.

The elevator opens up and I go straight to my desk. Sakura is already sitting down in hers. She looks terrible as if she had just survived a zombie apocalypse.

"Good morning" I say, patting her on the shoulder. She growls, most likely having a terrible headache herself. "I guess you feel like dying."

"I do" she lifts her head up. Maybe she did not survive the apocalypse. Instead, she is the zombie herself. "I drank way too much. You should've stopped me."

"I'm sure I tried to," I reply, rolling my eyes. It is always the same thing with her "you surely didn't listen ." She agrees.

"Ah" she looks at me. She has no make-up today, which does not matter because she looks the same without. "What did you guys do after I left?"

"What do you mean?" I stare at her and sit down.

"After you both send me home."

"We did?" she remembers something I do not.

"Yes" she looks utterly confused. "My sister told you sent me home by Taxi and the last thing I remember was both of you kicking my ass inside" she looks at my face. "Oh... You must have been as drunk as I was" she laughs.

"Pft." I scowl.

"Sorry, I can't help you more."

"All good." My face must be expressing itself more than usual.

"You seem like you want to ask something."

"I do." Silence settles for a while.

"And... What is it?" she leads, but I am only thinking of what I should ask.

"I don't know what to do."

"Can you be a little more specific?" she looks annoyed. "As for now I can't read people's minds."

"This morning I saw a sticky note with what seems like Taehyung's number." Her eyes widen in excitement.

"I knew it!" she smirks at me.

"What?"

"Last night that Tae didn't feel like he was mad, just awkward."

"You sure?" It had not seemed like that to me.

"Yes" she replies, still smirking. "This confirms it." I look at her unconvinced. "What did you both talk about... Oh, never mind. You don't remember."

"Yeah..."

"You both must have talked about something that made him want to reach out at least..."

"So, should I reach out?"

"Of course! What are you waiting for?"

"I don't know if I should" she is about to kill me with her eyes.

"Last night you looked like you wanted to." Her words come back as soon as she says so.

"Don't let yourself regret letting him go again" we both speak out at the same time.