A Sweet Proposal pt.1 (chp10)

Type, type, type, type. Type. Type, type.

My eyes stuck at the computer screen, my fingers moving at the speed of light. 

Five hours have passed by already. Work is hectic, documents keep piling up at my desk. So do my coffee mugs.

The sweet joyous weekend was over, but at least I gathered enough energy to go through this hectic day.

I sigh.

Lately, it has become a habit of mine. My eyes hurt from the screen and I just wish to leave at this point.

"My precious Jimin" my coworker stands next to me. He places another folder on top of the piles of work to be done, his index finger on it. "This" he signals tapping on it. "I need it for today."

I stop and look - annoyed - at him. "Are you serious right now?" Daggers come out from my stare. "There are just two hours left and you want it today?"

"I know you can do it!" He lifts his fists up, really positive about it. "Fighting!" I try to explain my frustration but leaves before I am able to do so. 

"I got you covered" Sakura appears like a wizard and grabs the same folder. "I'll do it instead. No worries." My saviour

"Thanks!" she flops onto her desk chair. "Is the meeting over?"

"Everything's been solved finally" her body becomes dead-like. 

"What an asshole. Why did they even back out this time?"

"The person in charge - on their behalf - didn't inform what happened correctly." She rolls her eyes. "They've been fired." Laying back, her eyes close. "Jimin, let's take a break. Shall we?"

"Let's go, baby" I stand up, making a blind eye to all the unfinished work. "We deserve it."