Coffee Talk - Part 3 (Chp.9)

I sit in silence for a moment. Unsure of what to say, I suddenly feel awkward. I want to answer, but nothing seems to come out. "Really?"

"Yes, Jimin. Yes" briefly pausing. "It was a lot to deal with, you know?"

"I imagine."

"It took me long to heal, but there was a point when I understood my feelings" the waitress brings his order. He smiles, giving his 'thank you' and proceeds back to our conversation. "One day after all that, I thought about what you said you felt."

Another pause. He lifts his eyebrows, sucking his lips in.

"It does not excuse your actions..."

"Of course"

"...as you said." What did I tell him? And why did I have to forget? "but... I understand your feelings and your actions."

"I did grow out of them... and changed" I pout.

"I know you did" he awkwardly smiles. "Also, haven't we all?" I nod. "It's been 10 years after all."

We both take a sip from our drinks.

"It was good."

"What was?" I am confused about what he means. 

"To hear a proper and honest apology."

"Actually... I don't remember anything of what I said" looking down at my lap, I mentally slap myself.

"Doesn't matter. Drunk people tend to say what they actually feel in their heart, so I don't doubt your honesty."

"I'm glad I blurted it out, then" even if I have no clue of what I blurted.

"I never thought you had suffered for that long" he leans in, placing his head on top of his hand.

"Well... I... st-" 'I still love you'. But I cannot say it now after everything. "strangled myself to suffer, but thanks to it I managed to become a better me."

"I'm glad you did" his face lights up. This is my TaeTae. I've longed for you for so long.

"You even got married and had a beautiful kid!" I try to change the subject. "She looks a lot like you!" he grins.

"Well, about that... I'm not actually married anymore. I got divorced two years ago."

"Oh." How do I react to that? I mean, I am kind of happy to hear he is not taken, but I do not feel like I should be happy about it.

"But I'm okay, I have the most wonderful daughter" his eyes sparkle with love. 

"How old is she?" I've never asked.

"She's 5. Still my precious little kid" he chortles. "I actually don't want her to grow up."

"She's extremely adorable."

"Yi-Seo is very fond of you" surprisedly, I smile.

"Oh?" we both laugh. "Kids have always loved me, I guess."

"They have" we chuckle again. "Not even my daughter is able to resist you."