Prologue - Drunk Date

Looking at myself in the mirror, I can see how much I have evolved since. Ten years have already passed by, time escaping by my hands. It is quite unbelievable to see how, even when having changed, I continue to remain the same.

I matured. And reflected upon my actions thoroughly. But it seems to not be enough. Being thirty-eight and single is somewhat battling me. It is not enough to wish to have a partner - nor to date - as there is no one who fits with me.

Throughout these years, dating has become boring. I did get to click with some people, but in the end, I always broke it off as it just did not feel right. The sensation of being connected to someone deeply was not there. I never felt it again. Not after him.

Tonight I have a blind date with my sister's friend. She has been begging me for a whole month to meet her. In the end, she managed to convince me because of how annoying she had become, not even letting me concentrate at work.

I am not eager to meet this woman, but here I am chugging down beer after beer - not actually paying attention to how she once nearly won the lottery. 

"That number! Just because of th-" her distant voice is annoying. I notice how drunk I am due to my head slightly spinning around. 

"Funny" I giggle stupidly. 

"I kno-" 

"I'm getting so drunk" my voice slurring. "Maybe I should go refresh by washing my face. Can't really stand her bullshit stories anymore." I burp, placing my hand on my mouth. "Oops" I get up from my seat.

In reality, I am not that drunk - just a teenie tiny bit. I am still able to walk - somewhat - without stumbling. Well, only a little bit.

I make my way to the bathroom -suddenly hearing a distant ringing bell in my ear. I wash my face and proceed to exit the bathroom stall. I try going back to our table, but before I can a small kiddie stumbles upon me. 

"Oh!" I kneel down and lift her up. She does not cry. "Are you okay?" 

"Yes" she nods, looking up at me. "Can you help me?" my eyes open wide and I slightly pout, kind of surprised. 

"It depends. What do you need?" 

"I don't know where papa is" she grabs my trouser. 

"I can help you with that" I pat her hair and scooch once more. "How does he look like?" I shyly smile. 

"Papa has..." she looks up, trying to remember how her father is like "black hair, big nose and very pretty." 

"Is he inside the bar?" 

"I don't know..." she pouts and focuses downwards to the floor. I grab her hand, both of us looking around, but without a single trace of his father.

After examining all the black-haired customers, I take her up to one of the waiters, to see if they are able to help. However, before I do, someone comes running towards us, shouting the child's name. "Yi-Seo!" he is breathless. "Yi-Seo! I have been looking for you everywhere!" he kneels down to her. "I nearly had a heart attack!" hugging her tightly he cries out. "Oh my god..."

The young man must have been looking for her endlessly because he seemed as if he had been close to call the police.

Wanting to thank me, he positions himself to bow, but before he does we both freeze - staring into each other's eyes.

Time suddenly feels slow. As if falling into a black hole.

The father of the small kiddo is Kim Taehyung - my ex whom I (after ten years) have not ceased to love.