Unfortunate Lollipop

The situation is quite uncomfortable. I am sitting down looking at Taehyung fix Yi-Seo's hair and clothes. Anyone could be able to appreciate how much he loved his child. It somehow softens my soul. Though, it also makes me sad.

The silence between us grows second by second, but Yi-Seo easily breaks it off.

"Papa, can I have a lollipop?" she begs for whilst holding his father's hand. She knows how to disarm him.

"Sweetie, I don't think they have any lollipops here." he brings her closer, fully aware of how the tantrum will be appearing at any moment from now on.

"But I want a lollipop" she points her index finger at her opened mouth.

Having a guess that Taehyung is unsure of how to proceed, I go up and ask the waiter if they have any sweets. Luckily, they do.

"Yi-Seo" I call, kneeling down to her level. "Here you have" she plucks the sugarless caramel.

"Thank you..." she stops mid-half-sentence, uncertain of how to call me.

"Jimin, you can call me Jimin." I ruffle her hair and sit back down on my seat.

Taehyung's expression portrays his disapproval. "You don't need to help me when it comes to my daughter" his gaze fearless, lasering with his eyes. "I can handle it myself, thank you." He takes a glance at her before looking back at me. "She's not allowed to have sweets at this hour. What I don't need right now is for her to have a sugar rush..."

"Don't need to get so worked up about it, Tae" he does not have to be so defensive with me. "It doesn't even have sugar" I show him the wrapper, pointing at the No Sugar headline.

He's not pleased by my presence.

Yi-Seo suddenly escapes from Taehyung's side, walking up to me whilst her father shouts her name for the millionth time tonight. She grips my jacket, her head slightly rotating left. I can see in her eyes the question coming my way. "Do you know Papa?"

"Yes..." I say, Tae responding with a defensive 'no'. I look at him sideways, not believing he would actually lie about it.

"Oh, really?" surprisedly she exclaims. "Since when?"

"That's a long story..." I begin. "Last time I saw him was ten years ago."

"Oh! I want story!" she squeezes my jacket even tighter.

"Well..." but before I can start, he stands up.

"That's enough, we're leaving" he grabs his daughter. "Your mother is waiting to pick you up for the week."

"Mummy!"

Tae leaves with Yi-Seo without a single goodbye. I was not really going to tell her our story. Not only is she too young to understand, but I am also too ashamed to go around mentioning my wrongdoings.

It is pitiful to be aware of the fact that he probably is on-goingly angry at me. Not that I do not understand, but I still feel hurt by it. I am most likely the last person he would have wanted to encounter himself with tonight.