It's a 'he'

I keep fidgeting with my new cup of coffee. The way the liquid moves around without any use of a spoon is helpfully distracting. With my other hand, I am laying it on my marine blue trouser.

Even with my state of apparent calmness, I am still nervous on the inside. Being held captive by Sakura in a private room at the office - with the pretence of helping after the accident - is not what I thought I would be doing in today's agenda. And there was no way of escaping.

"So, so, so, SO..." Slightly peeping, I watch Sakura intertwining her hands, placing her head on top. At this moment, I hate the fact that she lives for gossip and that she loves being nosy - even when knowing that we became close because of the same exact reason. "Who is beau-"

"No." I cut her out, lifting my index finger - warning her to be cautious of her words. "I won't spill anything."

"But, why?" she pouts. Oh no, she is pouting. This is her secret weapon, the one she has always used to tickle my brain into confessing.

"Don't you dare, Miss Nakamura" I give her the look, trying to keep my protective walls up.

"Oh, why not?" along with her pout, her eyes become anime-like - pleading with her soul. "I won't tell anyone, you know that! Please..." she comes closer, occupying half the desk with her body.

"Okay" I sigh. There is no use in prolonging it. She knows I will eventually end up telling her one way or another. That is just how we always are. "But I am not giving you the full details."

"We've got a deal!" she sits back, waiting for my narrative.

"I know someone who I think is beautiful... and I... was just thinking about it" I sip my coffee, knowing that she is not satisfied with my short answer.

"Oh no, young man, that's not enough" her index finger moving left and right - not pleased. "Don't make me tickle you out for the answers" she crosses her arms on top of her chest. "DE-TAILS." I roll my eyes.

"Okay..." I begin to think. I do not want to tell her the full story - and she most likely will never hear it from me. So, how can I tell her, without telling her. "Last night, I met an old friend after so many years. The beautiness still remains there." She wiggles her body, excited to hear a bit more.

"And..." her body moves forward, eager to find more about it "do you still like her?"

I sip once more from my coffee. She looks at me confused at my expression. I have to brief her on Taehyung's actual gender.

"Who said its a" I pause, dramatisiation at its finest "...she?" Sakura freezes, not expecting such commentary. I freeze too, not knowing how to go on. She is judging already, right? Maybe I should use this moment to escape from her prison cell.

"It's a he..." her expression speaks louder than words - she is thinking on how to proceed as well. "IT'S A HE" she slightly excitedly exclaims. "Is he THAT hot? Do you like him? How do you know him? Can I meet him? I want to see this handsome guy too! Does he like you too? Does he know you like him? Wait, is he your ex?? Or, DID HE DECLINE YOUR OFFER?!?!..." Sakura bombards with her questions, but I am not going to answer them... at least not yet.

I stand up and reach out to the door with my nearly empty cup. I open the door, but before taking a step out of the room, I look at her. "No more details, you have enough for the next month." I stick my tongue out to her and leave the room giggling to myself.

Unconsciously, I have taken a big step. In some way, I, for once, am acknowledging it myself. Nothing strange. Not being judged in any way. It is satisfying to feel as free as now. Why did I not do this sooner?