Coffee Talk - Part 2 (Chp.9)

For a while, I hesitate. In a way, I desire to immediately check my phone, but the fear of rejection decides to become a host inside my body. So I left it unread until my soul believed it was safe.

Every time my finger touched the screen, I flinched - with my right eye closing itself, acting as a censor. 

And the weekend comes, sitting at one of my favourite coffee shops. The table is petite but fancy. My cup of coffee all alone with my company, waiting for its fellow colleague to be soon ordered.

It is not that Taehyung is late, it is that I am early because I am extremely nervous. So much that I ended up arriving half an hour earlier than what we agreed to.

However, the views were flabbergasting from my table. There is an inside patio with tall flowery trees decorating the clear sky ceiling. It was still too cold to be outside. A pity, as I would have loved to smell the precious nature. 

So caught up on this idea, my nervousness drifted away for a while, not noticing that Taehyung was also arriving earlier than expected.

"Hello" he said sitting in front of me in the empty space. 

"Hey!" my voice a little excited. "Sorry I already ordered, I came too early."

"Don't worry" and for the first time after so long, I see his genuine heartwarming smile.

Butterflies. Sparkles. Flowers. Rainbows. 

All of these rising in me.

The beautiful man who knocked on the door of my heart more than ten years ago proceeds to order for himself an iced americano. In slow motion, I watch his face lighting up as he changes the subject in his eyes from the waitress to me. 

"You look good today, Jimin" oh yes, I am. Wait, what?

I cough at the unexpected compliment. It seems he is on good terms today. In a good mood

He briefly chortles and grins, once more.

"Oh" choking for a second with my voice. "Thank you. You too!" No, not the generic answer! Jimin! "You know, it's good to see you like this"

"Like what?" his eyes open wide becoming as big as fully round pebble stones.

"Like your soul has met peace and you're freely closing your eyes under the sun with the breeze caressing your face." His cheeks turn strawberry red. Must I have said all that out loud?

"I see" he coughs and suppresses another grin. 

This is him.

It is the Tae from before. The Tae I fell in love with.

I'm happy now, Tae

"I was hesitant" he pauses when the waiter arrives "to give you my number."

"Well, I do understand why you w-" but he cuts me off.

"But what you told me in the car..." there is that grin, again "convinced me."

I do not reply.

"I do think you have changed" he stares at his own coffee. "You've moved past the negative thinking you abruptly gathered."

I stare at him, my cup in my hands. 

N/A: hello~ sorry for the cliffhanger >.< (this is not the end of this chapter, yet, there is still more juicy stuff coming in their coffee talk).