A Sweet Proposal - Part 2 (Chp.10)

It is pretty late in the afternoon and nobody is in sight in the resting room. Outside it is as dark as the black coffee I am about to make myself.

"What do you want?" I ask closing in on the coffee machine.

"Espresso, please" she fires a non-existent bullet at me with her left hand and plops down onto the sofa.

"Gotcha."

She stares outside the window, looking at the night city life. "Any updates?"

"On?" I hand her the Expresso and start making another one for myself.

"Don't act dumb" she takes a sip. "You know what I'm talking about."

"I met him over the weekend." I sit next to her, taking a sip of my coffee.

"So you did reach out to him" she grins and winks at me.

"Yeah... It was awkward" I state placing my expresso down on the coffee table. "It felt like traveling back to high school to text a crush of mine." We both laugh.

"We may not be that young" she tries to speak between her laugh "but we still are allowed to act and feel like so, no matter our age."

"I guess" I pause staring at the ceiling. "It went well, you know?" I emphasise the statement by smiling.

"It shows."

*

"Aaaaaaand, done" I smack my hands on the desk and stand up.

"Finally, Sakura says, turning off her computer. She had been waiting for me because she desired to go for another round tonight.

We make our way to the exit in silence. There is nothing left for us to say today. Though even if there were, we are too exhausted from work anyways.

The office was extremely quiet as well. Us being the only ones left here. Maybe that is why the sudden message notification sound coming from my phone startled us.

"Oh geez, that nearly killed me" she comments with her hand on top of her chest.

Please play.

I want to play.

What? He wants what? My eyes open wide. I do not understand what he means or what is going on. "What is it?" Sakura takes a peek by leaning close to me.

My phone starts ringing. I pick it up. "Hello?" As if I do not know who the caller is.

"Play! Play!" Oh. I was not expecting Yi-Seo on the phone. And now, everything makes sense.

"Yi-Seo, give dad back his phone!" Taehyung shouts, his voice sounding distant. "Be careful!"

"Jimin! Jimin!" her footsteps come through seeming like she is running around. "Play! Come play!"

"Honey! Dad is working, plea-" he seems occupied. "Sorry, boss. Give me a second."

"JIMIN!" she giggles. I am unsure of what to say. And at the same time, something seems to fall on the floor and shatter. "YI-SEO!" Tae screams, this time his voice sounding closer to the phone.

"Yi-Seo" I speak calmly whilst Sakura has her ear on top of the outside of my phone – overhearing everything. "I can come and play with you, but I need you to give your father his phone. If not I cannot come and play."

"Okay" I continue hearing her steps, slower this time. "Papa. Jimin."

"Sorry, Jimin" he says, clearly worn out.

"No, don't worry" I assure him. "I can come and help you with her if you need" Sakura crawls backward to the exit door with both of her thumbs up. She winks at me and waves goodbye.

"I normally wouldn't accept" I wave back at her mouthing see you tomorrow "but I am desperate."

"It's okay, Taehyung. Send me your address and I'll be there as fast as I can.

N/A: I can't believe Tied #2 has reached today (just at the same time I am to post this chapter haha) 1K reads! Thank you all so much for the love and support you give to this saga! I deeply appreciate it <3

Also, I think this is not the end of chapter 10, there's still a part 3 for next week ^^