Drunken talk

Work today has gone by fast. Even Sakura had been focused enough to not come by my desk and ask any more questions - I wonder until when she will last like this -.

I am walking slowly, drifting off to another dimension and focused on my own thoughts. I am not the last one to leave the office - the building lights are still on and I can see some people still on their computer desks -, but at least I am leaving three hours later than my boss. I can only think of my cosy home and my pyjamas.

Opening the exit doors, someone jumps in front of me. I get scared - my laptop case nearly falling from my grip. Sakura is looking at me with a wide smile, inches away from my face. And I know she is up to something.

"Let's go and have so fun!" she excitedly voices, both of her fingers on her dimples as if she were living inside an anime.

"No!" I walk past her. "I'm going home!" she quickly catches my pace up, tripping me up with her left foot.

"No, you're not!" Sakura grabs my arm and drags me away. "We're having chimaek tonight!"

"Sakura!" I try to pull myself away, but her grip is surprisingly tight.

"Let's go and have some fun" she takes me away to the lift, not once letting me go. "You're always stuck up at the computer or at home."

"I'm so tired today, please" I cry, but she is determined for a night out.

"Come ooon" she wiggles. "Stop being so boring, you need to get out of that room every so and so."

*

In the end, we go for some dinner and end up drinking so much that we get drunk.

"I'm curious about your story" Sakura suddenly slurs, her eyes closed and head dropping.

"There's no happy ending" I reply, slurring drunkenly aswell.

"The best stories," she says, heavily breathing and her eyes slightly opening "are not always cinderella narratives" grabbing her somaek, she continues. She takes a big chunk. My head nods repeatedly, thinking about her words.

I gasp for air and quickly let it out. I sadly smile. "You're right." I move my head backwards, opening my eyes slowly. The blackness fades into the ceiling. "You see, I met this boy at school."

"So early?" she moves her lips as if to give a kiss, but she only ends up muttering a silent 'oh'.

"Yeah" I prolong my answer for a few seconds.

"High school sweethearts?" Sakura places her head on her hand, her elbow slightly slipping from the desk.

"Not even close" she mutters once more a silent 'oh', having a sudden hiccup. We both giggle like two children. "We were just friends, then got out of touch in university."

"Your story is getting boring."

"I never said it wasn't." I mock her. "You were the one who wanted to eagerly listen to it" I fastly grab her mouth with my hand. "So now shush and listen." I let go. "We met again at a high school reunion."

"So cliché." she finally collapses onto the desk. "I'm oooo...kaay, go on."

"We caught up with our lives, both of us single." I rub my eyes, getting anxious. "We met more than once and one thing went to another." She looks at me with her slight-opened eyes. I do not think she is even able to see me. "Ended up being in a loving relationship, but after a while, I began to become insecure of myself and what other people could say" her expression saddening. I look at my beer and pause my storytelling for a moment. I had never told anyone what had happened. For once, I was letting it all out. "I let myself be controlled about its social stigmatisation and went on to refuge myself on this woman."

"In other words, you cheated on him" she said moving her hand in circles.

"Yes, I did" trying to paint reality was not something I should be doing. "I stupidly cheated on him."

"Damn you, Jimin..."

"Damn me." I nodded, not once taking my eyes away from the beer. "He broke up with me by leaving a note. He had brought me a present from Tokyo and some flowers." I sadly laugh, a tear escaping from my eye. I rub it away. "He left the pansies and the gift box with the sticky note and left. It was even more hurting that way, the way he left them for me to see."

"You deserved it" she says, her face portraying her disgust.

"I did. I really did." I sadly smile once more. "After some time, I met him again on his birthday at a bridge in Seoul. He was smiling alongside a woman." The moments were as vivid as ever before. "I could see the aching, so I just smiled and left. Some days later I saw him proposing to her at N Tower. My heart broke, but I deserved it."

"Such a sad story" Sakura got up and opened her eyes at last. We stared at each other for a while until she continued talking. "You were an asshole and you deserved what you got" she grabbed some air and went on. "But, it all comes down to how people can change" she pointed at me. "Have you changed?"

"Of course I have" I am being honest. "I regret what I did and let myself be hurt by what I deserved. I not once allowed myself to heal and deeply thought about my actions."

"I see."

"It has not been until recently when I have begun accepting myself for who I am."

"And you've met him again?"

"Yes, but he was far from happy."

"I would not be excited to see you either," she honestly blurts "but that does not mean he may not have forgiven you."

"What nonsense are you blurting out."

"Mister Park, listen to me. Just go for him again" she grabs me by the collar of my shirt. "Even if you may have hurt him, over the years he could have tried to understand you. People are capable of empathising and you never know, if he may have questioned himself why you did what you did" I look at her, listening to her drunken talk. "You never know, you've both aged and matured. Your past actions don't determine your future ones. He may not open up to you at first - which I wouldn't blame him, to be honest -, but if you still love him, you need to go for it. Don't let yourself regret letting him go again."

Even if this was all some rubbish talk, her words were wise. I deeply give her the chance to enlighten me. "You're right, but I don't know how to meet him. I don't even have his number."

"Then MOVE HEAVEN AND EARTH UNTIL YOU DO" her grip tightened.