A Sweet Proposal - Part 1 (Chp.10)

Type, type, type, type. Type. Type, type.
My eyes are stuck at the computer screen, my fingers moving at the speed of light.

Five hours have passed by already. Work is hectic and documents keep pilling up at my desk. So do coffee mugs.

The sweet joyous weekend was over, but at least I had gathered enough energy to go through this tedious day.

I sigh.

Lately, it is becoming a habit. My eyes hurt from the screen and I just wish to leave.

"My precious Jimin" my coworker stands next to me. He places another folder on top of the piles of work to be done, and places his index finger on it. "This" he signals by tapping on it. "I need it for today."

I stop and look annoyed at him. "Are you serious right now?" Daggers come out from my stare. "There's just two hours left and you want it by today?"

"I know you can do it!" he lifts his fists up, being really positive about it. "Fighting!" I try yo convey my frustration, but leaves before I am able to.

"I got you covered" Sakura appears out of thin air and grabs the same folder. "I'll do it instead. No worries." She's my saviour.

"Thanks! Is the meeting over?" I ask whilst she flops onto her desk chair.

"Everything's been solved, finally" her body relaxes.

"What an asshole. Why did they even back out this time?"

"The person in charge from their behalf didn't tell the correct story." She rolls her eyes. "They've been fired."

Laying back her eyes close. "Jimin, let's take a break. Shall we?"

"Yeah. Let's go, baby" I stand up making a blind eye to all the unfinished work. "We deserve it."