Waddling

After a long day of work, I finally sit down heavily on my sofa. I spread myself, as if lifeless, letting my soul heal and gravity get loose.

Having Sakura for the rest of the day behind me at every single moment - asking non-stop - was tripple the amount I could handle. I adore her, I really do, but for a moment I had wished to stitch her mouth close. Even our boss went as far as having to reprimand her for not letting me concentrate on the urgent tasks I had to give him back before the end of the day.

Nevertheless, I am pleased with my colleague's reaction. She is the first one I have truly been myself with after so long. It is not like before. I do not feel as pressurised, nor as anxious. I feel free. I am even excited of letting her know. I can see my self-acceptance - or the beginning of it-. I am able to because I am not giving a single damn of whether she liked or not the idea of me liking a man. Good news she does not care either.

Though, enough of reflecting about today. I stand up, undress into my pyjama and make myself some dinner from mom's cooking tupperwares.

*

Believing I was done for the day - parting to the bedroom -, my mind reminds me of a hatrous task that I forgot to do. There is no way I can go to rest without taking the trash out.

I pick it up from the kitchen, grab my apartment keys and go out, down the stairs. It is chilly outside, but luckily I have my mint green cardigan that keeps me warm every winter.

I throw the trash into the community bins and proceed to make my way back home. Unlike normal, our street is quite busy tonight with teenagers and young adults - all laughing, singing and dancing. There must be a celebration around here.

I smile, remembering my days at that age. It comforts me to see these kids having as much fun as we used to do back in our days.

Mid-walk, someone snaps me away from my thoughts. There she is, running after me whilst screaming my name - excited to see me. "Jimin!" she waddles, whilst a woman behind her chases exhaustedly. "Jiiiiimin!"

Sadly, I cannot see with enough clarity who this is since I forgot my long-distance glasses at home - not thinking I would really need them. However, it is not long after that I do. "Yi-Seo! Where are you going?" she stops in front of me, hugging my thigh tightly.

"Jimin!" she widely smiles, happy to meet me again. And so do I. There is no way to resist this cutie pie's energy and aura.

"Hey there, princess!"