Chapter 44

Y/n POV

Y/n: I need answers (I whispered and noticed his body visibly tensing.  He nodded slowly, as if his world might crush down against him, like he was going to reveal something so intense, that might change everything.)

Y/n: You never told me your father was in Azkaban, and how does he know my name? I never saw him, well not after...the incident. Did something happened before?  (I was talking too fast, I was too exhausted to even think about anything else but this questions, because I was sick. I was sick of not knowing who I am, where I belong, and not knowing that pit in my heart that longed to be released.)

Draco: I– yes. Something did happen.  (His voice was low, dangerous, almost not wanting to divulge a thing, not desiring to tell something that might break him.)

Y/n: Please, please talk to me. I want to know.  (I assured him and his gaze, soul and moves were distant, ready to decline everything.)

Draco: Y/n, please, I need us to live in the present. The past doesn't matter.  And it required just those words...to sink into darkness. (My pulse increased and dizziness surrounded me, no. This can't be happening. I need to know. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll go insane.)

Y/n: Draco, please, plea– 

Lucius: Ah, here you are son, I thought you left.

Draco POV
(I jumped when I heard my father's name. I turned around in a second just to be dragged by him inside.)

Lucius: I need you to meet someone. Now.  (He whispered and I felt my insides twist, my breathing increasing for leaving Y/n alone.)

Draco: Wait–

(I pulled out from my father's grip and runned back to Y/n. I wanted to make sure that she'll stay there. She was leaning against the railing, her head backwards, staring at the sky.)

Draco: Y/n? 

Y/n: Yes?  (She whispered not even turning on my way.)

Draco: I–I need you to stay here, no matter what until I come back, alright?  (I asked with so much desire for a positive a answer, for a promise.)

Y/n: Of course, I'll be here.

(She answered, making relief wash over me, but her voice breaking in the middle of the sentence.  And I left. Looking continously at her while I walked towards my father through the crowd, until she was no longer visible.  Draco: What is the point of this?  I asked him, his lips turning into a smirk.  Lucius: I need you to act your best, understood? Those wizards can assure you a space in the Ministry.  Of course that was it. Never letting me choose, never allowing me to live my life the way I want to.  ???: Hello, you must be Draco Malfoy, I'm Khovras Aflyn.

He gave me his hand to shake. And I took it.  >Y/n pov<  The noises from the inside, somehow seemed louder with every second that passed, until I covered my ears, and closed my eyes, trying to remain calm.  I exhaled, trying to keep my tears, trying to cover my pain with a cloak, that I used so many times, it began to drain me out of power.  The stars were shining, the moon was full, it seemed peaceful, somehow untamed. Concentrate on them. Concentrate on them. Give them your soul. Give them your being so they can  blissful them. So they can give you wings that'll help you get through this. Freedom.

Every feeling, every emotion I kept hidden, it came out of surface when I opened my eyes. Realized I can't change a thing. And there were so many things that I could change about this world. About me.  I turned around. Towards the ball room and gasped. There was standing a woman. A tall woman, full of confidence, her face was hidden in the darkness. Her moves towards me were slow, determined, almost daring. Daring me to step further, to make a single move.  >Draco pov<  They were talking. Talking about me and I didn't gave a shit about them in that moment.

I needed to see her, to make sure everything's alright, to be able to tell her everything that happened and to assure her that everything will be alright. But I couldn't know for sure. And talking without proof was useless.  Draco: Father, sorry for interrupting, but I need to go.  He shot me right in the heart wuth his murderous glare that made be swallow back my words, but I was suddenly stopped. By Khovras.  Khovras: Draco, have you seen your aunt anywhere?  He asked, my heart beating faster at him reminding me of her, a tilt of a concealed emotion hidden into his eyes.

Draco: No she is in–  Lucius: She must be somewhere in here.  His gaze darting between me and the crowd. My knees weakened and I thought that something worst can't happen. But I was wrong. I was imagining the worst scenarios playing in my head over and over again, trying to get rid of them. But I couldn't, knowing that Y/n was standing there, alone. An innocent witch that I fell utterly in love with.

Sorry for taking so long, I'm trying to make those the best chapters since they are the lasts ones. One or two more to go!♡ Hope you like it and the comments are always opened for suggestions for the next story! Love ya all!<