Chapter 2: A Tale of Two Mates

vote and comment!! :) <3 please?

i joined this story in the Gatekeepers contest, so if you like this story please vote and comment! :) thanks!

picture of Justin ---->

Chapter 2:  A Tale of Two Mates

Justin's POV

               My nightmare's name ended up being Skyler. I watched as she left the cafe and I just stared at her till I could no longer see her. My wolf whined and complained. He wanted to be by her again. He needed to be by her again. I growled feeling the emptiness of her absence in my life. "Justin." someone said.

               I turned around it wad Maria. She was looking at me when her all knowing eyes. "She's it right?"

               I frowned knowing exactly what she meant. She was asking of Skyler was my mate. And as much as I wanted to deny it, she was. "Yes."

               "Why do you look so sad then? Finding your mate is a beautiful thing."

               "I don't want a mate." I said harshly.

               "Why not? You're going to be alpha. You might need a mate."

               "I can be a good alpha without a mate. It happens all the time."

               "Yes but only alphas without a mate are only without one because theirs died. But not by choice. Never by choice."

               "I'm not like every other alpha Maria. I'm different."

               "Justin, different isn't bad, not at all. But there are reasons the greatest alphas have mates. Think about that."

               "Yes. I understand Maria." then I got up and left.

               "Bye Justin." the old woman called. I sighed and walked out the door. My wolf had an overwhelming need to go to search for his love, but I fought it. I didn't want to see her in fear of potentially killing the one person I probably needed. If I put enough space between us maybe the bond would fade. But I knew it wouldn't, and so did my wolf. My wolf knew that soon I would comply and find his mate so he didn't bother fight it, yet. He only had so much patience and I only had so much will power. Sooner or later I would hunt down Skyler, but for now I wasn't going to even put myself near her.

               I jumped in my car and sped home. I shared a small apartment with my best friend. There was a kitchen, a living room, two bedrooms, and three bathrooms, one in the main area and one in each bedroom. I went up the stairs in the apartment complex and walked down the hallway, I opened my door and before me stood Leo, my best friend. Why was he up? I didn't really want to talk to anyone. "What the hell do you want?" I spat angrily, I was too tired to deal with anything.

               "There's a new girl." He said quietly.

               "Yea so what?" I answered, there were new she-wolves that came to Oak Wood it wasn't necessarily a surprise or new for that matter.

               "I think she's my mate." He answered shocked.

               And I had to admit so was I. Leo and I were the ones who were never going to mate, so this was a shocker. "Oh man, really?" I asked.

               "Yea,"

               "How you taking it? I'm sorry that must suck." I said knowing I was talking about my situation as well.