Chapter 9: Because of You

comment and vote? :)

Chapter 9: Because of you

Skyler’s POV:

I just sat there frozen, I could just feel the way his fingers felt as they brush softly and quickly against my cheek as he brushed my hair out of my face. I was in pure shock. I closed my eyes imagining the feeling of his skin against mine.

Leo’s POV:

I sat in my car unable to do anything, I had hurt her. I saw it in her eyes she felt betrayed, and it was my fault she felt that way. She must have had been hurt when her parents divorced, she must have thought her dad had abandoned her, betrayed her, lied to her. And I had just done that, I had betrayed her and lied to her. Justin had told me that Caden knew about werewolves and I had lied to Skyler about knowing anything about why her brother had been acting weird. It killed me when I saw the hurt in her eyes.

I needed to make it up to her, I needed to tell my mate, my love the truth. I needed to make her smile, I never wanted to see the sad look on her face again. I would make all the pain she had gone through seem irrelevant, I would make her happy. I would make her feel safe, like she can trust me. I would make her mine, it was time. I couldn’t hide it anymore, I needed her and deep down I know she needs me.

I smiled and sped off and got to work on my surprise for my Skylark.

Skyler’s POV:

I walked into 1st period in a daze Julie was sitting down in her seat giving me an odd look. Lately me and Julie have been pretty close, and with the rest of the guys I felt like I could be normal even for just a moment like I was a normal girl without worries and I liked to pretend I was a girl who was never beaten almost to death, like I was never raped by the guy who was supposed to have taken care of me and keep me safe. Like my father was never a bastard.

“Hey Sky, you okay? You look I don’t know out of it. If you came to school high you could have at least brought me something too!” she joked and laughed.

I smiled and shook all thoughts of her brother and said “Naw, just tired. No sleep.”

“Understandable, how’s my brother treating you? If he’s giving you a problem just come talk to me okay?” she said with a laugh.

“No problem.”

“Oh yea, my brother, well my other one Nick said he met you?” she asked.

“Oh yea, it was a while ago, he was at Maria’s Café with a bunch of people, but it wasn’t a big deal.” I said.

She gave me a funny look and nodded. “So anyways guess what?” she said with a laugh.

“What?” I asked.

“Kyler and I are going to the dance together!” she laughed.

I smiled and giggled, Kyler and Julie had a weird relationship that I had just found out about a few weeks ago. It was obvious they loved each other a great deal Kyler could never keep his eyes off Julie but they were so opposite it was hard for them to agree on absolutely anything leading to teasing and fighting constantly  and ending in Kyler begging for forgiveness. It was quite a cute relationship.

“He finally asked you? He’s only had I don’t know a week to! The dance is this Friday! Are you going to have time to get your dress?”

“Oh god, never thought about that!” she said, she thought about it for a minute then looked at me with sad eyes. “Oh well, I’ll have to go alone and pick out my dress, because it’s not like I have any girl friends to help me out. Oh my, what will I do! This is horrible! Why do all my friends have to be guys! Oh what a pity.” She mocked complained, while looking at me with puppy dog eyes.