Chapter 20: Feeling

Skyler's POV

Finally. I pried my eyes open. And the first thing I saw was him. His dark green eyes gazing into my soul. Suddenly it all clicked. I remembered. All of it.

"Leo." I said my voice sounding stronger then I felt. "Hey,"

"Skyler?" He asked uneasily.

"Hey, how are you?" I said sheepishly not knowing exactly what to say.

"Oh God. Thank you." he said resting his head in his hands. "I've missed you so much. You don't understand how this feels right now."

I smiled at his kindness. But I remembered there were other important matters at hand. "My family."

"Safe. You're mother and Caden are just fine. You'd be so proud of him. He grew up nicely."

"Have they ever heard anything from my father...is he back?"

"Skyler we know what your father did to you." He hesitated slightly and said quietly "I don't know how you'll take this. But about two years ago we found out he died."

"How?" I said unsure how to feel. I hated him and after all the pain he cause me and all the trauma he inflicted on me, he was still my family. He was my blood.

"That's not important Skyler." He said looking away.

"Do you know?"

"Skyler..."

"Who did it? Which one of you monsters killed him?" I said bitterly.

"Skyler you need to understand he came back. He came for them. We didn't know what else to do."

"That's not fair. He's human. You had no right." they were monsters. He hadn't stood a chance. No matter how much pain he deserved he hadn't deserved what they had had in store. They were evil. End of story.

"You need to understand-" he said desperately sensing my growing rage.

"NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! Get out!" I knew my anger was irrational. I knew if I had seen him again I would have killed him too. He did deserve what he got whatever that was. Even if it was being ripped to shreds by magical creatures. But I couldn't stop. My anger was already in control.

"Skyler please listen-"

"No. I can't. Not now. Please. I'm confused. Just leave me alone before I do something stupid." I begged.

He looked at me uncertainly but nodded and left without another word.

What was wrong with me. I was so angry. I clenched my fists and started crying. My head was pounding and pain started to rock my body. I wanted to die. I wanted to just be free of this pain that's been taking over me. Why was I alive. Why was I still here?

I remembered everything. What happened when I left where I went and what happened when they brought me back here. I remember wanting to die.

Justin. His brown eyes that seemed to tear me down from inside out. He was a werewolf. It was unnatural. I should be afraid of him. I should hate him. But I'm not happy if he's not around.

I felt like a part of me was missing. My shoulder started to burn like fire and I cried out in pain. Why was this happening?

Justin. I cried out. Please. I needed him. I didn't care about anything right now. I just wanted him with me right now.

Leo's POV:

My heart clenched when I heard her call out for Justin. I knew that sooner or later I'd lose.

But I wouldn't give up until I knew there was no hope. And there was. There was hope now. Justin didn't cancel his wedding when after his so called mate threw herself to her death in his own home.

I'd win this fight. She was rightfully mine.

Justin's POV

I closes my eyes and forced myself to think of anything but Skyler. I felt ashamed. I left her room the moment I felt she was going to wake up.

I felt my heart die a little and I couldn't even feel my wolf. He was so depressed he pretty much hated me for what I did. For me leaving her alone.

I could feel her pain. Her yearning for me. I wanted her too. I needed her. But I had duties. To my pack to the people who looked up to their leader.

But though I knew that I had marked her when I felt there was no hope left. I had kept her alive. She needed me now. I should have never have left her. But I was so conflicted.

Finally her pain and my pain overcame me and I dropped to my knees. "SKYLER!" I called out tears running down my eyes.

I don't know how long I stayed there crying but soon I became aware of a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up to see a familiar face.

"Brother." he said.

"Nick."

---

I don't know if you remember but nick was the one who attacked skyler the first time.

:)