Chapter 17: Our Pain

This is more of a teaser for chapter 18... So it's really really short.

Sorry about being poorly edited. This this on my iPod. Comment vote? Start a riot?

Chapter 17: Our Pain

Colleen's POV:

I shut my eyes, squeezing them as tightly as I could. I could feel the tears that were threaten to pour over like a waterfall. My breathing became labored as I started to suck in air in hopes of breathing regularly. I pressed my hands to the wall and slowly sunk to the floor in disappear. I landed on the floor and pulled myself into a ball and started bawling. I tried to muffle my cries. Justin, the man I loved more then my whole life, didn't love me. I knew that. Even when I first met him I knew he was broken. I knew that I could never have all of his heart. But I wanted it. I needed it. He put me together after I fell apart. His kindness, he sympathized with me. He knew the type of pain I was gong through. I fell in love with him so entirely. But I knew like he could never have a part of my heart that belonged to the guy who left I could never have the part of his heart that belonged to her.

I continued to cry as memories of Justin and I. It was cliche really. He was at a bar drinking his problems away. And I was at a bar drinking mine to death. We talked. He told me, well babbled really, about losing his mate. I told him about mine leaving me. We hit it off and fell in love. I knew he loved me, maybe not like Skyler, but he loved me in the best way he could. And I him. Now that I had nothing left but him, I would keep him. I had to. I can lose him like I lost my daughter and my husband. When they both died I died. Until Justin found me and put me back together. No way would I give that up. I don't care what I'd had to do to keep him. But I'll do it.

Justin's POV:

I walked away from her my heart pounding and aching in such an unimaginable pain I couldn't breathe. I literally was dying as I forced my feet to walk away from her. But I couldn't be with her. Not anymore. We both changed so much. It couldn't be her and I. I had commitments and she had someone who could love her back. I can't. Not anymore. It killed me to do it, but it would be better if we separated.

At least that's what I was trying to convince myself.

I turned the corner and saw Colleen on the floor. She was crying. I felt guiltily knowing I caused her pain. I was messing everything up. I took her in cradled her in my arms. "I'm sorry." I told her. She just cried. And my heart began to ache even more. I could feel Skyler's pain in every fiber of my being. She was going to kill herself but I couldn't go anything. I was bounded by my commitment to my pack and now to Colleen. I had to keep it. Even if it killed me.

Alice's POV:

It hurt. So bad. The anguish I was feeling in every fiber of my being was tearing me apart slowly. I could feel myself losing my sanity. I've felt this way before. I know I have. I closed my eyes trying to think of when. Then all the sudden it came to me. Memories flashed through my mind and everything came back to me.

I Love You is a Horrible Thing to Say: A Tale of Two Matesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें