Chapter 25: The Basement

Skyler's POV

I was no longer cold anymore. Mostly because I couldn't feel anything. I felt numb.

I could barely see a few feet in front of me.

I don't know how long I had been here. I just knew it felt like forever.

I had screamed.
I had cried.
I had begged.

But no one answered. No one came. I felt fragile. I felt like if I moved I would break. I was sitting in a pile of my own urine and feces. And I no longer cared.

I wanted to die.
Why wasn't I dead?

Why can't I just die already?

I leaned against the wall and rested my head on the stone. I closed my eyes and the only face that came to mind was Justin. That beautiful dark soul. I imagined his lips on my temple, his hand brushing against my face. It was a moment of pure love. I could bask in the feeling forever. But the moment I opened my eyes the vision was gone. He vanished. Like in real life he was gone. He was never mine. And never could be.

"Justin, help." I called out.

And the darkness overtook me.

Justin's POV

I woke up in a sweat. I saw her again. She was haunting me.

In my nightmare she was calling out to me. Begging for my help. Begging for me to save her. And I couldn't. I hadn't saved her.

I was in agony. I couldn't do anything. I was helpless.

My beautiful Skyler. She died alone and scared. And I knew she had called out for me. And I wasn't there for her. I never did anything right by her. Ever.

"Justin?" A voice came from the door. I looked up and saw Nick. My brother had decided to come stay with me after we found Skyler's body two weeks ago.

As much as I loved my bother I needed him to leave me the hell alone.

"Go! Leave!" I shouted at him. I could feel my blood vessels come alive. My face reddening.

He just sighed and closed the door behind him.

I laid up in my bed and rested my head in my hands. Why did this happen?

As tears rushed down my face I heard a whisper. It was faint and it came in on the wind. I listened harder. I could barely make out the words. But I heard my name. I closed my eyes and concentrated. Justin help.

I bolted right out of my bed and crumpled onto the floor. Pain over took my body. I felt dehydrated I felt broken. My bones hurt my head felt like it was being bashed in.

But my heart swelled with hope.

Suddenly the pain stopped. I closed my eyes and screamed through the packs mind link

SKYLER IS ALIVE!

Everyone was going to think I lost my mind. But I could feel my mate. My whole body my blood my heart. I could feel her. She was out there. And she needed me. And this time I would be there for her. I would save her. And I would tell her she was my soulmate.

This time I'll do this right.