Chapter 24: Nothing

Justin's POV

I was frozen. My body made immobile. I had nothing left. Everything that ever mattered to me was gone. She was gone. My chest constricted and pain shot through my heart. The pain that was tearing through my body was the only reminder I had telling me I was still alive.

She was dead.

As the sky darkened I could only faintly hear the sound of umbrellas opening as I stared blankly at the coffin that was slowly being lowered into the ground. She was in there- or at least her cold lifeless body was. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Leo looking at me his green eyes filled with sadness. At his side was Lily who was holding her mates hand squeezing her eyes shut trying to do everything she could do not to cry. Leo realizing the pain she was in turned to her and gathered her into his arms. Both of them crying and comforting the other.

I must say I was jealous of them. They had each other. After Skylars death Leo had been a mess but it was only when Lily fell apart did he realize that she was his mate. It was a lot for him to wrap his head around. He had been infatuated with Skylar had even loved her bit he said that didn't even compare to what he had felt for Lily. Despite the pain they were both feeling now they were together. While my mate was being lowered into the ground.

That night was a blur. I had rushed to her searching for her smell. When I had found it my life came crashing down on me. I had smelt her blood and ran as fast as I could. But when I found her her throat at already been ripped out and rest of her was almost unrecognizable. I hadn't let anyone near her body. I couldn't. I had failed to protect the one person I loved most. I would pay for that. She died thinking she was alone thinking I had not loved her. That was the hardest thing to know.

I remember nothing but the pain then after that I remember feeling nothing. I lost my soul mate. There was nothing else on this world to live for. My brother Nick came up beside me and rested his hand my on shoulder and smiled hesitantly and said "Justin everyone has gone home. Come back now get some sleep. You can mourn again tomorrow." I just growled at him and he walked away. How could I go without her? How could I love without my other half?

Skylar's pov

I looked around me. But I could see nothing but the blackness around me. The floor under me felt as cold as ice and my body shivered violently. The air felt damp and my body ached my muscles screaming in agony. I could hear a horrifying scream. It was so loud and high pitched it hurt my ears. It took me a moment to realize it was my own screams that had been tormenting my ears. The floor was slightly damp and covered in a red liquid. I hesitantly raised my hands to my face to realize they were shaking. I ran my thin fingers through my mattered hair and noticed my hair wasn't only just a mess it was wet. I brought my hands back to eye level to see that the wetness in my hair was blood. The red liquid on the cement floor was blood, my blood.