Chapter 22: Letting Go.

Skylar's POV

It hasn't been long since I was back home. But it was nice being back. I liked how familiar it all felt and how comfortable I was. Marv and Kelly, well I can't lie it's still a bit awkward for us to be in the same room. But I'm trying to get past the whole he turns into a wolf thing.

All in all I was happy. Lily was staying with us in Marv and Kelly's house and was happier then ever. She chattered on and on about how she never wanted to leave. Neither did I. But I knew very soon I'd have to. I know how pathetic it sounds but I cannot watch Him get married. I hadn't seen him in a few days but even so I was aching to be with him to be by his side. It was actually physically painful to be away from him for this long.

I was sitting out side of the house with Lily giggling over something Caden was saying when I saw him. "Hey!" Lily said excitedly as he walked up the drive way.

"Hey!" Leo said sheepishly. "How are you two doing this morning."

I smiled and said "Good." Honestly I was nervous. I hadn't seen him since my blow up in the hospital and felt guilty for how I acted. Leo has never been anything but nice to me, but it had been my stupid irrationally temper that had gotten the best out of me and I had hurt someone I did care about.

"Skylar, I'm sorry for last time-I didn't take into consideration on how you were feeling and that was wrong of me." He said lowering his head ashamed.

Lily looked at me wide eyes and mouthed "what happened?" I shook my head at her and mouthed "it's nothing." She smiled nervously got up and said "I'll go take Caden for a walk. Come on sweetheart!"

"Okay!" Caden said grabbing her hand "I want to show you my tree house Uncle Marv made for me!"

"Be careful!" I called after him. But Caden just gave me a sheepish smile and kept walking. I looked at Leo then looked back down at my feet. "Leo," I started "I'm so sorry for the way I acted. It was ridiculously uncalled for and I am so sorry. I was messed up and just trying to get my head back. It was so weird it was like there were three of me inside one head. Skylar before I left. Skylar after I left. Than Alice. But either way I had no right to act like I did and i'm-" I didn't get to finish my sentence when I was silenced with a kiss.

I was frozen. Leo was kissing me. But I didn't move. I couldn't push him away but honestly it wasn't him I wanted to kiss. I just stayed still and panicked. I didn't want this this wasn't right. Justin- I thought I wanted Justin.

Leo stopped realizing my discomfort. "Sorry." He mumbled and took a few steps away from me. "I know you don't like me-but still I have to try. I love you Skylar. I always have. I didn't stop looking for you in those three years. I can't give up on you. Not until I know there is absolutely no hope left for us."

"Leo- I'm so sorry! But I love Justin. Despite everything, even though even the thought of a werewolf freaks me out to the point of being sick I love him. Leo I care about you you've been there for me but I can't help it." Tears started to flow down my face and I furiously wiped them away in embarrassment. "I'm sorry. Even though I know my feelings won't be returned and he's going to be married soon I still can't help it."

He looked panicked and grabbed my face with his hands and started wiping my tears away with his thumbs and muttered "stop please sweetie. I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm sorry. Please stop."

I hiccuped and awkwardly blinked several times to try to stop the flow of tears. But than everything around me seemed to freeze. I bit my lip and nervously looked up past Leo's head saw him. Justin is here. I felt his presence. I just looked at him finally feeling at peace for the first time in days. I started to smile as I took in his beautiful features. His strong chiseled jaw,dark hair, tanned smooth skin, and those feel dark eyes that seemed to never end. He was beautiful.