Epilouge

Skyler's POV

"MOMMY! Mommy! Come on let's go!" I heard a voice call out. I turned to look and saw Keagan Night running towards his mother. The little dark haired blue eyed boy was the spitting image of his mother Hayley. He was possibly cuter than a button.

I watched as he threw his little body towards his very pregnant mother. But before he could collide with her his father scooped him up. "Be careful. Your future sister is inside of your mother. You need to protect her. Not attack her." 

"But I want a hug."

"You can get one. Just don't full on tackle your mom little one."

"Don't call me little! I'm a big boy now!"

Logan Night smiled at his son with tender eyes. He set his son gently on the ground and the little boy went up to his mom and squeezed her legs, giving her a hug the only way he could. And since he was so short he hugged what he could.

I watched as both parents gently looked at their son, their eyes glowing with so much love.

I had heard rumors of the Night family. Just as Justin had, Logan mated with a very unlikely species. A witch. My eyes drifted to Hayley Night. She was plain woman. Despite her current pregnant state she was unbelievably tiny. Even more so than I. Her short black hair was short cut into a bob and her skin was pale very similarly translucent. Her eyes were the one feature that stood out the most. They were an ocean blue. It gave her whole face light.

But as her husband glowed with pride and love at his family Hayley became unbelievably beautiful in just a moment. She was a wife and a mother. She was his world.

I had to avert my eyes.  It hurt watching such a beautiful family flourish. I was a bit jealous. I had been out of the hospital for only a month now. I was still a bit deformed. My face nothing like it had been. I wanted to stay home, I never wanted to leave the house again. But Justin had to go to the alpha conference. You couldn't just have an alpha go without his Luna. It wouldn't send the right signals to the other packs in the area. It's a sign of weakness. And after everything the pack has gone through lately we wouldn't have other make us out to be weak.

Things between Justin and I have been tense. Despite the positive way I woke up in the hospital everything had gone down hill since than. I wasn't the same person I was. I was confused and lost. Before Nicks attack I was alone. I didn't have Justin. I didn't have my mate. I was missing my other half. I had been for years. I had grown used to that absence.

When I woke up suddenly I had an extremely over protective Alpha Male over my shoulder every waking moment.

He was there in the hospital every minute of everyday only leaving to take a shower and even then he did so grudgingly.

It was odd after being independent for so long. We had gotten into a lot of fights over it. So despite everything right now things were still tense between us. Justin and I had a long way to go before things would be good between us.

I wanted us to be happy. But there were so many factors that made being happy seemingly impossible.

There was Colleen, whom was still very much in the picture. I had a hard time holding a grudge against a woman who I had learned lost both her mate and child. But her relationship was Justin was slowly pushing on my nerves.

He was her friend, her confidant. But despite how many times Justin told me there was only familial love between them, I still wanted to claw her eyes out.