Prologue pt. 2

Some time later

"It's rather noisy tonight." You noted. Urahara and you were seated outside his shop, looking at the sky.

Urahara nodded. "This newly assigned Soul Reaper is loosing their reiatsu rather quickly."

"Think they're dying or giving their powers away?"

"Giving away powers is against the law of Soul Society." Urahara stated. "Hmm... Difficult to sense from here. Can't you tell?"

"The Soul Reaper is giving their powers away..." You said, trying your hardest to sense what was happening. Your reiatsu control and sensing abilities have always been better than Urahara.

"To whom?"

"Kurosaki Ichigo."

Next day at school

You entered the classroom, walking up to Ichigo, Keigo and Mizuiro. "Morning you three."

"(Y/n)!" Keigo said happily, waving at you. "Have you heard about what happened to Ichigo this night?"

You frowned and shook your head. "I haven't... What happened?" Actually you did know what happened.

"A truck crashed into our house." Ichigo stated.

You chuckled. "No way!"

Keigo looked at you as if he had seen a ghost. "Why's that so funny?"

"I don't know." You answered. "I just think it's hilarious."

"Will you need help cleaning?" Sado suddenly said from behind you.

Ichigo shook his head. "We'll be fine. What class do we have next?"

Mizuiro looked at his phone. "Modern literature."

You sighed. "I hate that."

Suddenly a girl walked up to Ichigo from behind. "Hello, are you Kurosaki Ichigo?"

Ichigo turned around and in great shock he almost fell out of his chair. The girl put out her hand and introduced herself. "I'm Kuchiki Rukia, I'll be sitting next to you starting today."

"Kuchiki?" You mumbled to yourself.

"Is something the matter?" Rukia asked you.

You shook your head. "It's nothing."

Kuchiki is one of the 4 noble houses in Soul Society. You, yourself are in actuality a Kyōraku, the sister of Kyōraku Shunsui, Captain of Squad 8. For reasons you currently go by Urahara.

You sat down and tried to focus on your classes for the rest of the day. During a break you noticed Rukia and Ichigo walk away.

You decided to follow them. Rukia began explaining why she was still here and hasn't returned to Soul Society yet. She said that Ichigo took all of her powers yesterday.

"So basically I'm stuck in a Gigai now."

"What's that?" Ichigo questioned.

Rukia pointed at her body. "It's a temporary body for Soul Reapers that are in emergency situations that are waiting for their powers to return."

"Or!" You said, coming out from behind the corner. "A Soul Reaper that can't go back to Soul Society."

"(Y/n)?!" Ichigo yelled out when he saw you. "Have you been listening?"

You nodded. "Of course. I was wondering why a Kuchiki was attending the school and now I know why."

Rukia crossed her arms. "You shouldn't know this." She took out one of those things that can change memories.