Chapter 9: Aizen Sōsuke

Everyone gathered around Ichigo after he failed to hit Aizen once. You stood next to Ichigo with the others in front of you. "Ichigo, this isn't just your battle."

"We won't let you two see Aizen's Shikai." Komamura added.

"This is crazy! You're all in bad shape!" Ichigo yelled.

Shinji spoke up. "It's crazier to fight em alone. This battle belongs to all of us."

Then Tōshirō took off and the battle began. "Ichigo, just watch them and relax. Let us attack Sōsuke when there's an opening."

"(Y/n)? Why are you wearing that?"

You chuckled. "This thing? It's to prevent me from seeing Sōsuke's Shikai. I'm the only one in the entirety of the 13 Protection Squads who never once saw his Shikai... well I'm a former member... oh whatever."

"Ichigo." Suddenly someone said from behind you. For you, it was a reiatsu from someone you hadn't met yet. "Thank you for attacking Aizen. If you hadn't, I most likely would've died."

"Komamura-san..."

You gasped. "You're Komamura! I loved watching... well... listening you battle with Tōsen. Ah the feelings..."

"Thank? You?" Komamura mumbled before going away again.

"(Y/n), how come you haven't seen it yet?" Ichigo suddenly asked you. He was still very concentrated on the fight.

"Sōsuke and I were really good friends. We trusted each other with our lives. Back then, I thought of a cool challenge for us. We weren't allowed to learn anything about each other's abilities until we would battle for real." You explained, concentrating on the battle as well.

Sui-Fēng had produced clones to fight Aizen. You continued. "Before you arrived, we finally told each other the abilities of our Zanpakuto. Now I also know why it's important that I wear this."

"Isn't it difficult?"

"Difficult to battle? Not really. I trained a lot without my 5 senses. Only my ability to sense reiatsu. I can completely abandon all my senses and still be able to fight." You answered him.

"That's not what I meant."

"Then what?"

"Difficult to fight a close friend."

You smiled softly. "We can't dwell over the past forever. I really want to kill him."

Ichigo didn't reply. Instead, he focused back on the fight. In an instant, you felt Aizen's reiatsu somewhere else and not in front of you anymore. "Ichigo, where is Sōsuke?"

Ichigo immediately caught it. "Guys guys! What do you think you're doing?!" He yelled to the others.

Only then they realized that they had killed Hinamori instead of Aizen. The three that tried to kill Aizen got cut down by the actual Aizen.

You sighed. "This is such an unnecessary battle. If only they listened to me... I told Shinji to stay behind and let me handle Sōsuke but he refused. Ichigo, I'm going to heal Shinji."

Ichigo didn't get to reply, you rushed to Shinji and made sure he was in a more comfortable position. "Shinji..."

Shinji opened his eyes and chuckled when he saw you. "Heh, sorry (Y/n)..."

"Shut your mouth. I'm going to heal you. My healing abilities aren't as great as Hachi's but it should be enough to make sure you don't bleed to death." You explained, putting your hands on top of each other as a green glow began emitting from them.