Epilogue

A day later

You're sitting on your desk, listening to your favorite music. Someone had given you a radio from the human world.

The messenger said that it was a present from Hiyori and that she had somehow sent it to Seireitei. You thought it was probably through Urahara.

In any case, you were alone in your office because both your Lieutenants were out to who-knows-where. They have full freedom and it's not like you want to control them.

Suddenly you felt Ichigo's reiatsu in the Seiteitei. "Ichigo?" You looked through the window, towards the Senkaimon.

A few minutes later, after you decided to ignore Ichigo's presence because it probably had nothing to do with you, you heard a knock on the door. "Kira-san? The door's open."

Kira opened the door, walked inside and stopped on front of your desk. "Kurosaki Ichigo has requested an audience with all the Captains and the Captain-Commander."

You stood up with a sigh, putting the flower kimono over your shoulders. "Alright. By the way, you don't have to knock. This is also your office, you're free to come in whenever."

Kira nodded, watching you leave the office. With shunpo you made it all the way to the meeting room where you used to spy on.

You walked inside where most Captains already were. "I heard something about Ichigo requesting an audience?"

"That seems to be the case." Shunsui replied, hands in his shihakusho. "He's here."

Ichigo entered the meeting room. "Woah... Are you all here to greet me?"

Sui-Fēng shunpo'd behind Ichigo. "Captain Kurotsuchi and Captain Ukitake aren't here."

Kensei stepped forward. "Go inside Ichigo."

"Kensei! You're a Captain!" Ichigo commented happily.

"Shut up and go." Kensei grunted back.

Everyone followed Ichigo to inside the meeting room. As the Captain of the 3rd Division, you had to stand closest to the Captain-Commander, in the back of the room.

"Welcome Ichigo." The Captain-Commander started. "You've fought well."

"I didn't come here for thanks." Ichigo immediately said back.

"What is it then?"

"I want to take Ginjō body to the human world to hive him a proper burial."

This shocked most of the Captains, you however saw it coming. Shinji stepped forward. "What ya mean?"

"Yeah!" Sui-Fēng stepped forward as well. "That man was your enemy!"

Shinji shook his head. "That ain't what I meant. He messed with yer family, how can ya forgive him?"

"It's not about forgiveness. He's a human, just like me and another Substitute Shinigami. I'll also take this back with me." Ichigo held up his Shinigami badge.

You grinned, crossing your arms. "Does that mean you'll continue as a Substitute Shinigami?"

Ichigo nodded. "Yeah. I'll keep working as a Substitute Shinigami."

Yamamoto punched the ground with his stick. "Permission granted."

Ichigo smiled, starting to leave. "Also, can you guys inform other Shinigami of what a Substitute Badge is?"

Yamamoto nodded. "Very well. Everyone's dismissed."

Ichigo then left the meeting room. Shunsui walked up to you. "(Y/n), want to go tell Ukitake about this?"

"I was planning to go anyways." You told your brother, smiling.

"You know where he is right?" Shunsui questioned, starting to leave the meeting room.

"Of course." You replied, walking with Shunsui towards the grassy hill where Ukitake was seated.

The two of you kept quiet for a while until Shunsui asked something. "Such a warm day... isn't it perfect to just lay down and sleep?"

"I must say that you're lazy, Shunsui." You replied instantly. "Although I do like to sleep as well."

"Lazy? Such harsh words." Shunsui sighed a little. "I'm worried that he's worrying too much."

"Same. Ukitake cares about Ichigo." You stretched your arms. "We've arrived."

You and Shunsui found yourselves on top of the grassy hill with Ukitake in front. "We knew you'd be here."

"Ichigo is making himself ready to leave." Shunsui added as you two approached Ukitake.

"What about the badge?" Ukitake asked. He was tense and stressed.

"He took it with him." Shunsui answered. "Ichigo trusts us."

Ukitake sighed as he closed his eyes, a weight being lifted from his shoulders. "What a relief."

"Ichigo grew up fast." You commented. "He's matured a lot throughout his journey."

"We can't see them grow up, it all happens so fast." Ukitake added.

Shunsui nodded, agreeing to the both of you. "And his journey isn't over yet."

You sat down next to Ukitake, proceeding to lay down and look up at the sky. "Oh well... We're here for him."

"That's true." Shunsui replied to you. "I'll get going now."

"Bye bye Shunsui!" You waved at him as he took his leave.

"Goodbye Kyōraku." Ukitake said before turning back. "Are you staying?"

You hummed a 'yes'. "Kira-san is out with his friends, Rōjūrō... I don't know what he's up to but our paperwork is close to done anyways."

"Is that so?" Ukitake questioned, looking over the hill at the Senkaimon. "It seems the coffin is about to leave."

"That's good." You sat back up. "It's been a long day."

"It was... I'm glad it ended like this."

"I didn't expect anything else."

At that point Ichigo ran through the Gate, back to the World of the Living.

Word count: 873
This is end!
I hope you enjoyed reading this!
Have a nice day!
~ The author