Past Chapter 1: Hollowfication

100 years ago

You were strolling through the streets of Seireitei, there really wasn't anything to do. Alright, except for investigating these weird disappearances.

"(Y/n)." Someone called out to you.

You looked behind you, eyes locking on a certain blond haired Captain. "Yo Kisuke. What's wrong?"

"I need to you to do something for me." He started, putting his hands on your shoulders. "I think that those Souls, well they underwent something horrible. I want you to go check it out."

You frowned. "Sure but why me? Ask your own Lieutenant."

Kisuke stood up and sheepishly scratched the back of his neck. "Hehe well that's the problem. You see, I don't think she likes me."

You sighed, crossing your arms. "Typical Hiyori." Hiyori and you had been friends since you became the Lieutenant of Squad 11. At times you'd go out together. "Have you asked Shinji?"

Kisuke looked around nervously. "I don't want to ask Captain Hirako for such a favor... I'm only a new Captain after all."

You grunted. "Fine. Only because it's you who's asking. Where am I supposed to go?"

In actuality you already knew where to go. You were already planning to go there, Aizen invited you in order to show you what he was planning.

"Alright." Kisuke jumped up happily and got out a map of Rukongai. "This part. Just go and look and come back."

You took the map and nodded. "Seems easy enough. Are you the one who'll be telling my Captain?"

Kisuke frantically shook his head, waving his hands in front of him. "Captain Kenpachi? No way! You're crazy, (Y/n)!" He whined.

You chuckled, petting Kisuke on his shoulder with a soft smile. "I'll be soon back."

"Be careful!" He yelled as you shunpo'd all the way to Rukongai. On your way there, you stopped at the dango shop in Rukongai.

The man, who owns the shop was happy to see you again. "Kyōraku-sama, welcome back! The usual order?"

You nodded, taking out your money. "Can you also add an extra skewer of cha dango (green tea flavored)?"

"Sure!" The man said happily, turning around to prepare it. "What brings you to Rukongai this time?"

You sighed, putting your arms on the counter. "Souls have been disappearing in Rukongai, I'm here to check it out."

The boss looked rather worried and surprised. "Really now? That's concerning. You should be careful."

You chuckled, smiling. "You know me! I'm always careful."

The man dumbfounded with a soft grin. "Coming from you that's hard to believe."

You put the money of the counter. "Here's your money. How's business going?"

The man gladly took your money and began counting it. "Same as ever. And Kyōraku-sama, this is much more than I need!" He said, putting some money back on the counter along with your ordered dango.

You chuckled slightly, taking your dango off the counter. "You can keep it! Take it as a sign of gratitude for making such nice dango."

"I can't possibly take this!" The man kept denying your money."

"Well I can." Someone said from behind you guys. Upon turning around, you saw three men, they had little to-no reiatsu.

You frowned, inspecting them from head to toe. "I have never seen you three around... Who are you?"