Chapter 13: Muken

You stood in your Shinigami uniform, Lieutenant's badge around your arm in front of the barracks of the first Division. "Hello, I'm here for Yama-ji."

"Go ahead." The guards opened the gates and you made your way to Yamamoto's office.

Honestly you didn't know why Yamamoto gave you the pass because the cells were under his barracks. It really didn't make any sense.

Eventually you reached Yamamoto's office and walked inside without knocking. "Yama-ji, I'm here to visit Sōsuke."

Yamamoto looked up when he saw you just entering without knocking. "(Y/n), back to your old habits?"

You nodded, putting your hands on his desk. "Say, where's that Lieutenant of yours? What's his name again? Um.. oh, Saskibe-san."

"He's running an errand. Why are you here?" He asked, just continuing his paperwork without looking up.

You took the pass out and put it on his desk. "I want to visit Sōsuke. By the way, why did you give this to me? I don't need to give this to the guards because you're here."

Yamamoto stood up, taking the pass from you. "So I won't forget you have access to it."

You took the pass out of his hands and put it back. "I have access to the Muken?"

"Yes. We all know you wouldn't betray the Shinigami, Aizen was you friend." Yamamoto walked to the exit of his office. "I'll escort you."

"It was Shunsui's idea wasn't it?" You questioned him, following up close.

Yamamoto only nodded while you continued talking to him. "I never expected to get personally escorted by you, Yama-ji. It's such an honor. Besides I've never been in the Muken, what's it like?"

You didn't even give Yamamoto a chance to reply. He knew you would just ramble on and kept quiet until you stopped. Which was when you arrived.

"Oh are we there already?"

"Yes." Yamamoto replied, opening the entrance to the Muken. "Be careful."

You nodded, walking inside. It was dark, like an endless void of nothing. Aizen was in the middle, he was restrained by multiple black straps.

"(Y/n)? How nice to see you." Aizen said, smirking under the straps.

You smiled, looking around a little. "Hello Sōsuke. You did me bad, not going to lie. Never expected you to inflict such a wound on me."

"You're alive." Aizen replied.

"Well, yeah because Enkai healed me and themselves at the same time." You explained, still standing on the same place.

"Hmm..." Aizen smirked, continued by a small chuckle. "I see you're a Lieutenant again. Should I congratulate you?"

"Not needed." You said immediately. "Shinji, Kensei and Rose... Rōjūrō are also back to their former positions."

"How nice for them. Are you going to tell me why you're here or not?"

You frowned. "I have no ulterior motive for coming here. I..."

"Just wanted to see me." Aizen finished the sentence for you. You could only nod and look at the endless void. "That's alright. I've been waiting for you."

You raised your brows. "No kidding. By the way, you know how I died right?"

"I never once believed you were actually dead. Would've been too easy. You have multiple aces up your sleeve that you didn't use." Aizen told you. "I heard that from..."