Chapter 23: Duties of a Captain

It was morning and you were on your way to the dango shop in Rukongai. For once in your entire life you had made a schedule that you were planning to follow.

First you would buy dango and tea for Aizen. You would them bring the dango and tea to Aizen. Thirdly you would start going to all the Captains.

By all Captains you meant everyone except for Yamamoto and Zaraki. Yamamoto would be extremely disappointed if you'd ask him about the duties as a Captain and Zaraki... Well you already knew what Zaraki would answer.

"I don't know? Find strong guys to fight?" -Zaraki

The flower kimono you got from Shunsui restrd on top of your shoulders. You wore it like Shunsui and surprisingly it didn't fall off once.

It actually looked pretty good on you. The kimono was also rather comfortable to wear, much better than a haori.

In any case, you were currently waiting for the dango boss to finish making your dango. "The cha dango is for Aizen again?"

You chuckled with a nod. "You know how close we were... It's difficult to sever those bonds. Especially since he never used me."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, really." You told him, soft smile on your face. "Anyways how's business?"

"Same as always. People tend to ignore my shop because you usually come here. They still hate the Shinigami." The boss explained. "It's to be expected."

"That is true... If you need it, I can give you more." You suggested, getting your wallet out. "Now that I'm a Captain I get paid more."

"There's no need Kyōraku-sama! Thank you for the offer though." The boss put your order on the counter.

You took your ordered dango and put the money in its place. "Well, if you need financial support, feel free to call me. You can go to the border of Rukongai and Seireitei and show Jidanbo this..."

The boss watched you take out a piece of paper. It was a pass of sorts. "What is this?"

"With this you can freely call out for me any time you wish. I told Jidanbo that if he were to hear you, he would come down at once." You explained, putting the pass on the counter. "It's a one per month thing though."

The boss looked with big eyes at the pass. He was unable to believe what you just said. "T-This really isn't needed!"

You chuckled, shrugging. "I don't care. You don't have to use it if you don't want to."

The boss hesitantly took the pass and put it away. "Well thank you."

You gave him a small bow before leaving Rukongai. The haori and kimono you were wearing never left your shoulders as you shunpo'd through the Seireitei.

The pieces of dango were in a bag in your left hand. Next thing in your agenda was getting tea. Best tea shop in Seireitei was one close to the Squad 13 barracks.

You landed in front of the shop. The boss of the shop was rather shocked when he suddenly saw you appear in front of his eyes. "C-Captain!"

You smiled softly, bowing in front of him. "Good day, boss. One traditional tea and one (choose) tea."

"At once!" The woman of the shop yelled, turning around to make your tea. "Take out?"

"Yes, thank you." You said with a smile, turning around to find a table where you could sit down.

There was only one table because it's Seireitei and you can't just place tables on the streets. At the table were two Shinigami, both of which you hadn't seen yet.