Chapter 1: Recruits

Several months later

"So the plan is to enroll Shinji in Karakura Highschool?" You asked the group.

Everyone was sitting in a circle, discussing as to how they were going to be helping Ichigo. You had been going to Urahara to ask what's going on and at one point he said that Ichigo had been Hollowfied.

"Yes!" Hiyori yelled. "What's the problem?!"

You were sitting in between Hiyori and Shinji so they wouldn't be able to fight. "Hiyori," you started, leaning towards her and whispered: "He looks weird, Ichigo will be frightened."

"I heard that." Shinji looked towards you two with crossed arms.

Kensei sighed. "I don't think we have another option."

Lisa began counting on her fingers. "We have... 1, 2, 3... 4 people that look like high schoolers. Me, (Y/n), Mashiro and Shinji."

"Mashiro isn't going." Kensei announced, very fast.

"I'm not going either." Lisa replied.

You sighed. "I can't either because I've been there before and they know me."

"That leaves..." Lisa said, slowly looking up at Shinji. "Him."

Shinji sighed as well. "How about we try to recruit him at night?"

You frowned. "How's that going to do anything? Ichigo's usually very busy with his Soul Reaper duties. He won't listen to you."

Hiyori leaned closer to you and whispered: "Does anyone listen to him?"

You whispered back: "I don't think so."

Shinji growled a little. "I can hear ya."

"Do we have another choice?" Love asked the group, standing up.

Kensei stood up as well. "Hey, Shinji, (Y/n), Hiyori, you three can decide, we're out of here."

Then everyone except for you three stood up. "What a pain!" Hiyori whined, laying down on her back.

"Well, how about we let Shinji try this evening?" You suggested. "We all know that there will be Hollows, meaning Ichigo will be out."

"What if he fails?" Hiyori questioned, still laying on her back.

"I will be a transfer student." Shinji said, smiling creepily.

You backed away with a disgusted face. "Okay, that's a plan then." You stood up, kicking Shinji on his feet.

"What was that for?!" He yelled.

"Get going idiot! It's evening!"

Hiyori stood up as well and straightened her clothes. "(Y/n) and I will check up on ya tomorrow after school."

"Sure." You replied, crossing your arms. "Shinji, get going."

"Aye aye." And with that Shinji left.

Hiyori took out her sword and pointed it towards you. "Fight me."

You frowned, pushing her Zanpakuto away. "Why? You know you can't beat me."

Suddenly Hiyori summoned her mask and just ran towards you. She was forcing you to fight with her.

Soon you got your own mask out by putting it on. Basically, you act as if there's a mask in your hand and you put the mask on your face.

It's a skull-like mask with two horns on top. Both horns are facing a different direction. The teeth are clearly visible and there are little blue triangles on the bottom-lip.