14|Rescuing Lydia

It was early in the morning when my brother dragged me out of bed because the pack was here to talk about getting Lydia out of Eichen.... Tonight. I walk downstairs and see Liam, Stiles, Malia, Scott, and Kira all standing around the kitchen table.

I went to stand in between Malia and Liam as Stiles started blabbing his mouth.

"There's four steps. We get into Eichen, we get into the closed unit, we get Lydia, get out." Stiles said.

"And we have to do all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a Mountain Ash barrier." Scott said.

""You have a plan for all of that?" Malia asked.

"I stole this last night off an orderly but it's useless cause they reset the codes each night." Stiles said as he pulled out a key card.

"So why did you take it?" Kira asked as she frowned her eyebrows.

"I'm getting to that." Stiles said as he shook his head.

"The only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to make that key card work again." Scott said as he looked at me to see if i was paying attention.

"How are you going to do that?" Liam asked.

"We're getting to that. Okay, just listen. I pulled all the history off the key card two weeks ago, there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. During a reboot, all of the key cards revert back to a default code so, if we trigger a reboot..." Stiles says.

"The card goes back to the default code and it works again." I add on.

"Good job, Daisy for a person who just woke up you deserve an award!" Stiles says with sarcasm and rolling his eyes.

"Say something with sarcasm again and i will beat the sarcasm out of you." I say looking deadly at Stiles.

"How are we going to cause a brownout?" Kira asked before Stiles opened his big mouth to say something to me.

"That's your part you're going to draw power from the main line. But only enough to cause a brownout." Scott said looking at his Girlfriend.

"Not a blackout. Do that and you send Eichen into lockdown which would be bad very, very bad." Stiles said as i could smell Kira's anxiety.

"There's an electrical room behind the reception counter the power line goes into two breakers that run power to all of Eichen." Scott says.

"Okay, slight problem. I don't know how to do that." Kira says with a shaky voice.

"That's okay. You have time to practice." Scott reassured Kira with a soft smile.

"Let's say all this goes perfectly. How does a brownout get us into the closed unit of Eichen?" Malia asked if pure curiosity.

"The system takes five minutes to reboot in that five minutes all the alarms will be turned off and the key cards should work." Stiles replies to Malia.

"Daisy, Liam and I will get Stiles to the gate of the closed unit but after that, he has to go on his own we can't get past the Mountain Ash barrier And when we're gone, all anyone's gonna think is that there was a reboot of the security system caused by a brownout." Scott says firmly.

"Uh, any questions?" Stiles says as he claps his hands.

"How do we get into Eichen house in the first place?" Liam asked.

"What is our worst-case scenario?" Malia asks.

"What if i can't do it?" Kira asks.

"Dang i expected Daisy to say something." Stiles said as i nudged his rib causing him to groan." Okay, admittedly, a lot could go wrong."