24|Gwen

Early in the morning before School Mason, Corey, and Liam had arrived to my moms house to talk about the big print on the wall by the stair case that the Ghost Riders had left.

"That's how he got in?" Corey asked pointing at the wall with the weird design.

"What is it?" Liam asked.

"It's a point of impact from a lightning strike. Usually you'd find charted spots like that on the ground after a violent thunderstorm." Mason said replying to Liam and Corey.

Scott came down and joined the conversation.

"That's how the Ghost Rider got in. He rode lightning." Scott said.

"If they can use lightning to get past the Mountain Ash..." I say looking at my brother.

"No place is safe." Scott finishes the sentence.

"What about the others? It's my fault they're marked." Corey said.

"We'll find a way to protect them. All of them." Scott said and we all nodded in agreement.

•••

Scott and I were walking down the halls making our way into the library were Mason and Liam were at.

"We need to hide them." I heard Mason say from a few feet away.

"Who's 'them'?" I asked as Scott and I reached the table.

"The Ghost Riders." Liam said.

"The kids at the party." Mason said after Liam.

"Got it." Scott said.

"We could get a lightning rod. Attract the Ghost Riders and catch them off guard." Liam said.

"But since everyone from the party is in danger, all we need to do is find a safe place to hide them until the storm passes." Mason said.

"The Ghost Riders ride the lightning. No where is safe." I say looking at Mason.

"It is, if we're underground. The earth can ground the lightning's electrical charge. Everyone would be safe." Mason said.

"Okay... Here's what we're gonna do. We take everyone into the Argent Bunker, it's underground. It's lined with Mountain Ash." Scott said.

"We stopped the Ghost Riders last night. We can do it again." Liam said and Scott eyed him.

"You didn't stop them. They just retreated. We don't know why." Scott said.

"Okay. How do we get everyone inside the Bunker?" Liam asked.

•••

Okay, the plan is to tell Nathan's stubborn ass that he's gonna get taken by an ancient soul or something. And he's taking it as a joke, as I thought.

"Is this a joke?!" Nathan told Liam as he held a picture of the Ghost Riders.

"No. And you gotta take this seriously once we're all in the Bunker, we'll be fine." Liam said.

"I'm not gonna miss the first game of the year so that you can make captain." Nathan said. I obviously knew he was going to bring some type of lacrosse thing into this.