22|Metal

"Power. The ability to control things. This metal has no power. It's small, weak, insignificant." Mr.Douglas said holding up and little metal stick. "Is there anything we can do to change that?"

Corey raises his hand up in the air.

"Corey, what you got." Mr. Douglas says pointing over at Coreys' hand.

"We can add electricity." Corey said.

"Exactly. We turn this metal rod... Into a magnet. Now it has power." Mr. Douglas says as he goes over to his lab and starts doing what he was explaining.

Mr. Douglas starts coughing like...coughing. I shift in my seat and pop my head up.

"Mr.Douglas are you all right?" I asked.

"Just a little cough." Mr.Douglas says with a reassuring smirk. "Where were we? Um... right, now we have electricity, and a little bit of power. Let's add more. After all, the greater the power the greater the control."

Mr. Douglas starts coughing...again. He grabs the water off his desk and takes a sip. I look over at Liam who is sitting next to me I raise an eyebrow and he has a confused look towards Mr. Douglas.

"Imagine how powerful this rod could become with boundless electricity. Say, from a lightning bolt? What else could we control?"

Mr.Douglas adds more electricity to the rod. And yet again he starts coughing but it's worse now. He starts gasping for air. He rushes to the back door where there's a storage room. Liam stands up and knocks on the door.

"Mr. Douglas?" Liam asked. No response.

•••

After that hectic morning I was in gym.I get a notification to my phone thinking it was Scott or someone but it was just an invitation to "Nathan's big party.I was putting away my gym close when a girl starts yelling.

"Where is it?! Who took all her stuff!" I recognize her as Gwen yelled as I walked over to her.

"Why are you yelling?" I asked her with a crunched brown in a soft voice.

"Someone stole all of her stuff!" Gwen yelled.

"Calm down. Who's stuff?" I asked her to calm because I would have lashed out and that is not pretty.

"Phoebe. My sister." Gwen said and I crinkled my eyebrow. Who the hell is Phoebe?

"She's been on the soccer team for two years." Gwen said.

"I don't know who your talking about." I said.

"You don't know who your talking about? The school doesn't remember her. No one remembers her." Gwen said as she passed by me and left.

I obviously was not gonna let her off. She was upset. I quickly locked my locker and went after her. She went into the library. She got one of the school year books.

"What are you looking for?" I asked as I approached her.

"Anything. Anything to prove that Phoebe is real." Gwen said flipping through the school book aggressively.

"Hey, I believe you." I said.

"No, you don't." Gwen huffed. As she twisted the bracelet on the hand.

"That was hers, wasn't it? What happened?" I said pointing at the blue ribbon bracelet.

"We just went to bed like any other normal night. I got up to get some water, and I thought I saw this man standing in our front yard. When I looked again, there was no one there. But this morning, my sister was gone. And her room, it was completely empty." Gwen ranted and I knew what happened... The ghost riders.

"I can't reach my mom. And I tried to call Phoebes phone but the lines been disconnected. And no one believes that she exists. The cops, the school, they're all saying that there's no record of her. And everyone's looking at me like I'm crazy. I made this for Phoebe for her birthday. Mom forgot to buy her anything. She travels so much. This is the only thing i have left." Gwen said as she lifted up the blue ribbon bracelet.

"The man in your yard. What did he look like?" I asked her.

"He had a black hat, and a long coat. Uh, I couldn't see his face." Gwen said and my eyes widened.

"Okay, Gwen, there the ghost riders. There men in cowboy hats they ride the lightning and they come and disappear people. That's what happened to your sister.You saw them, You're next." I whispered and she looked at me like I was crazy.

"Are you serious? I just told you and you think this is a joke!" Gwen said and she left leaving me there.

•••

Scott was at school so Liam and I decided give us help because Gwen was thinking everything was a Joke.

"Stilinski said no, didn't he?" Malia asked Scott as we stood at her locker.

"Yeah." Scott sighed.

"But we're going anyway?" Malia asked.

"Yup." Scott said.

"Or, you can stay here and help me convince Gwen she's in danger." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"It's not your job to convince her. It's your job to keep her safe." Scott said.

"Just kidnap her." Malia said.

"Do not kidnap her. We'll be back tonight after we talk to Stilinski's dad." Scott said looking at me.

"Do we really have to do this?" Mali asked Scott with an unsure face.

"He's our only lead." Scott said.

"Okay,what if the ghost riders show up?" Liam whispered.

"Then you two will will handle it." Scott said sharing looks between Liam and I. "And look you guys aren't alone. You've got Corey and Mason, okay? Just find a safe place for Gwen and keep her there."

"Any suggestions?" I ask quirking a brow.

"Doesn't matter as long as she's safe." Scott says as he heads over to the door but Malia stops to look over at me.

"Kidnap her." Malia says and walks out.

"Don't kidnap her!" I hear Scott say from where ever he is.

Liam and I shared a chuckle and left to find Mason and Corey.

•••

A/n:

How are you guys liking it so far? Comments ideas for this story!