「 𝟣𝟨. 」 ── 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖭𝖠𝖬𝖤 𝖳𝖮𝖣𝖮𝖱𝖮𝖪𝖨

❀┊'𝑶𝒖𝒓 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝑻𝒐𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒊'

╱╳╲

The night air was still

The night air was still. Only the soft rustling coming from the trees outside and the chirps of crickets could be heard. Izuku laid in bed with a half asleep Shoto beside him, his head rested on the smaller boy's chest listening to the soothing rhythm of his heart beat and his arm lazily wrapped around the boy's petite waist. Strands of the crimson half of his hair fell in his face while the silver half scattered on the fabric of the freckled boy's t-shirt.

Ever since that night Shoto had started coming to his room more often. Especially on nights when he couldn't sleep, no matter what hour of the night it was Izuku would always welcome him with opened arms. They'd talk for awhile, throw in a few jokes here and there or some nights they would just lay in bed together in complete silence. Whenever Shoto came to him in a vulnerable state he never egged him for answers, instead he would hold him in his arms: gingerly playing with his two-toned locks while humming.

In all honesty Izuku loved when he came over. He loved holding him in his arms, gently caressing and playing with his two-toned locks. It felt unexplainably good whenever he'd open up and talk to him about the things he silently suffered from all alone. It made Izuku feel closer to him in a more. . .intimate way. Lately it's been quite difficult to get his feelings to make sense, he craved—Yearned for Shoto's closeness and he had no idea why.

But if needed, he'd delay those feelings as much as he needed too. Just so he could he there for Shoto.

"You awake, Freckles?" Shoto's voice suddenly filled the silence in the room

Emerald eyes flickered down to meet his bi-colored eyes staring up at him. The moonlight coming from his window illuminating the area where the bed was.

"Got something on your mind?" Izuku asked as he continued to run his fingers through the boy's soft hair.

A quiet sigh left his lips. Gently he grabbed Izuku's other hand, placing it against his cheek he instantly melted at the soft touch it provided. He noticed he no longer flinched whenever the freckled boy touched his face—i t was the same with others, but he craved Izuku's touch more than he usually did. The softness of his hand carried a sense of warmness that gave Shoto reassurance that he was safe.

"Do you think it's wrong for me to hate my father. . .and that stupid last name of his that's passed on to me?" He pressed his cheek into the boy's hand enjoying the comfort that he brought.

He never failed to surprise Izuku with the questions he'd so casually ask him when they were in bed together in their quiet moments. He didn't mind though.

"I wouldn't say it's wrong. I don't expect you to love your father or care for him—no one should expect you too. He never exactly expressed those feelings towards you so it's only natural you'd resent him" He gently caressed the boy's cheek as he spoke

"I do hate him. . .so much. And I hate that he haunts my thoughts, I hate that every time someone mentions my last name I tense up instantly thinking of him" The malice in his tone was as clear as day. Izuku only continued to caress his cheek to keep him calm as he spoke

"Can I. . .say something on the matter?" The freckled boy suddenly asked, watching as the two-toned boy sat up. He placed his legs in a criss-crossed position. He gave the boy a nod so he could go ahead.

"Todoroki is indeed your dad's name. But, I think it's beautiful if I'm being honest. It may be your father's name but he gave it to you as well. It's your name as well not just his—he may have tainted his with the title abuser but aren't your father Sho. You're you, you can give a whole new reputation to the name. Don't let your father's mistakes hinder you from enjoying the pleasure of having a name. Your name that identifies you no one else"

As if a sudden surge of realization coursed throughout his body he gasped softly, pupils widening at the same time as well. It was so simple. . .so straightforward, how did he not get it on his own? Izuku was right. He wasn't his father—he was not Enji Todoroki, he was Shoto Todoroki. A completely different person. Todoroki wasn't just his father's name it was his as well, and he could make something great of it. He could re-write the history behind it.

He wasn't going to let the dishonorable man he had for a father rob him of his own name any longer, because of what he did to him and his family as well too.

Shoto smiled as he cupped Izuku's freckled cheeks, pushing his body forward. His two-toned eyes deeply gazed into the boy's emerald irises that held such tenderness before him. He gently rubbed his thumb against his cheek, he enjoyed the bewildered expression on his face—poor boy thought he broke him mentally.

"Say my name," Shoto breathed out quietly, erupting a shiver down the latter's spine

Izuku gulped softly, he darted his tongue out to wet his lips. He was confused but he still did what the boy asked of him.

"Shoto Todoroki." He quietly said

A plethora of questions were running through his mind right now. But that all went away instantaneously when Shoto pulled him into his chest; nuzzling his face into the crook of his neck that felt so much like home—the comfort, the warmness. It was too surreal.

"Thanks to you, I realized just how much this name I hated meant to me. Thank you freckles—God what did I do to deserve you?" He quietly mumbled the last part against the boys skin

Izuku hummed softly wrapping his arms around the latter as tight as he could. There's no way he could let go now.

 There's no way he could let go now

Early update cause I didn't update last week Saturday

Early update cause I didn't update last week Saturday. Hope you enjoy ♡