Her Powers

Sasha's POV

"Well..." I started to say. I didn't know how to tell them I myself had only known for a few years now after a conversation with my parents. "It all started when we were children..."

~Flashback~

I had been asleep until I awoke to the sounds of my parents arguing downstairs. I got out of bed and slowly crept downstairs and overheard my parents talking "Ryland we have to stop this, I hate hurting my baby girl" my mom said. "I know you do baby but we don't have a choice if we don't he will kill her" my dad replied . "I know but I hate hurting her and watching her go through that pain." My mom then burst into tears. Suddenly I heard a thump from behind me and saw my twin brother coming down the stairs, he said to me "Sasha why are you up?"  "Shh- I'm listening to mom and dad I think there talking about Iris." After saying that he quietly crept down beside me and we continued to listen. "We just have to hold out for now love, until Iris discovers her power then we can stop that wretched man." said my mom. Before I could listen more Colton leaned to far and we both came tumbling down the stairs. My dad screamed "KIDS!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" Before anyone could say anything I spoke up "Why were you talking about Iris? And why do we have to keep hurting her?"  "Sweetie your to young to understand" said my mom. "No I am not now tell me the truth, Why must I hurt my baby sister when I should be protecting her." "You are protecting her in a way."  "What do you mean?" asked Colton "When Iris was born something was different, I could tell she was special. Then one night I had gotten a visit from a special person... The Moon Goddess herself." said my mom. "WHAT!!!!" me and Colton both screamed. "Yes I know how it sounds but let me explain. She came to me and told me that the baby I bore was destined with great power and blessed from her own hand. She told me that Iris was to be the strongest wolf ever imagined." "WOW!" we both said "So if she is so strong why can't she just take down the Alpha now and we can stop hurting her." I said. "Well you see its not that simple, Iris must prove she is worthy for the power and she can only do this on her own, only then will she receive the power." "Wait but there is one thing I don't get, why must we hurt her?" I questioned "Because if we don't the Alpha will kill her before she ever realizes her true power." "Oh." I said with a sad voice. "Fine we will do it." Colton said " But only to protect her " I quickly ran up the stairs and cried myself to sleep all I could think was 'I'm sorry Iris.'

~ End of Flashback~

"So you see if we didn't he would have killed her." I said "Well you could have tried to protect her!" screamed Raina "We did try but every time we did things only got worse and he would beat her more and more." I said as I cried. "I just wish she were here so I could tell her how sorry I am." "We all do" said everyone. "Well I don't know if I trust you, but its clear you love Iris and so do I. So for now lets put this aside and go find her and the boys." Raina said "OK!" everyone shouted.