49) Surviving, Songs and The Little Things

isobeljones2000

Shellington's POV: Silent tears ran down my face. I had been like that even as the radio message was transmitted and people talked round me. I knew I should be taking this in but I could only stare at Dashi's back as she bent over cleaning her knife. I noticed large gashes on both of her wrists and ankles. She wasn't looking at me. No recognition, nothing.

I know it would sound cliché now, but a song was running through my head, one of my favourite ones. The particular lyrics were so beautiful, I just never thought it would apply to me.

'All our memories spent together

There all out the door gone forever

I don't think you know how bad it hurts

To see all the good times buried in the dirt

You and me never existed, existed

Everything is gone down to our kisses, our kisses.'

I sniffed noisily, unable to believe it. There had to be a solution. Something. Anything. The song kept running through my head incessantly, much as I tried to stop it.

'Sometimes I feel like we moved too fast

All our memories dumped and trashed

I'm tryna hold on but they're all out of grasp

Sometimes I wish that I could relive the past

You and me

Me and you

Us together was a dream come true

But now that you're gone I don't know what to do

My heart is frozen, can't even move'

Life was wrong. Odd. I was a scientist, and some dimly lit practical side of my brain told me there was another way. But crying wouldn't help.

So why was I doing it?

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Kate's POV: "One minute, eighteen seconds now..." I murmured, looking Peso in the eyes, as he had asked once again. "You will live, Peso. You will live." I wasn't sure if I was saying it for his benefit or mine.

Peso gave a small smile, though his eyes were full of fear. "I hope so. We haven't spent enough time together. We still need to make up for lost time, remember?" He reminded me.

I gave a light laugh. "Right. You can't die until we spend an entire lifetime with each other in our own personal heaven." I replied.

He laughed at that. Fifty-nine seconds. I was going to make the most of it, just in case. "We never really got a chance to learn the little things about each other. The big things were always too important."

Peso looked at me curiously. "What do you want to know?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. Like, what's your favorite color?" I asked him.

He laughed. "Blue, like the ocean. As a child, it always showed a mystery, since no one had ever seen the entire thing. What's yours?" He replied.

I chuckled. "White. Well, more of a cream color, actually. The color of canvas. To me, it represents possibility. An entire world one could create with the colors on their paint palate."

Five seconds.

"That's a nice color." He commented.

Four seconds.

"I like blue as well."

Three seconds.

"I love you, Kate."