42) Refusing To Show Pain

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Selene's POV: I was horrified. Dashi really didn't remember anything? This was terrible! I decided to try a different tactic. "Dashi, what do you remember? Can you tell us?"

The dachshund shrugged. " I guess I could. I know for sure I grew up on Windfell Island. My childhood was alright. Not good, not bad either. I spent a lot of time with my cousin Lupo,"

The Captains eyes widened at this comment, which she said so casually. I realized he didn't know they were related.

"And he was always a great guy. He had an unhealthy obsession with fire, but besides that, he was fine. When we grew up, we got a job together. He would make amazing inventions, and I would help program them."

I didn't think that was true. But neither was the fact that Lupo was "always a great guy" Did Lupo alter her memories of him? It would make sense if he did.

"I don't know. The rest of my life is kind of hazy. Don't you think that I would remember my recent life?"

Captain Barnacles shook his head. "Dashi, this might sound strange to you, but Lupo is evil. He's the reason we're all in chains right now."

With that comment, Dashi's eyes narrowed. "What do you think I am, an idiot? Lupo's not evil! Why are you trying to convince me otherwise?"

I sighed, letting a tear fall, partly because I couldn't wipe it away. "Barnacles, he altered her memories of him. She thinks he's good now!"

isobeljones2000

Eelean's POV: I can do nothing but stare, my eyes wide in horror. I can't even describe the images I can see on that screen. In a moment Christian has picked me up and hugs me close, hiding my face. I'm so glad he's here. And I feel extremely emotional.

"Christian - they - they -" I stutter into his shoulder, my voice thick with tears and horror.

"I know." His voice is hard, like steel. And I instantly know he's not playing around any more.

"What is it?" I ask. He meets my eyes. I'm still in his arms, yet it feels comfortable there, right. Not awkward at all.

"I have a plan. It could be - okay will be risky. For you as well as me."

"I'll do it. Whatever it is, I'll do it." I'm positive of this, if this only.

"Can you remember Damien's voice?"

I think back, think back to this morning when we saw them on the monitors. It seems a very long time ago. But I don't forget easily. Being half jabber jay helps me here.

"Yes," I say in Damien's cruel tones. I make myself scared sometimes, his voice is just like that.

"Ok good. Well he's definitely the boss, and the other two take orders from him. So if you say something like 'let them go,' in his voice..."

"They'll let them go!"

"And I'll go unlock those doors and help people who are hurt," he says. "I'm no medic, but I can help."

My eyes shine brightly as I nod.

"Let's do it."

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Kate's POV: I couldn't help but smile, despite everything that was going on. Kwazii had escaped! He could help the others! I no longer cared about the poison running through my veins. Another wave of pain surged through my limbs, but this time, I didn't scream.

"Damien! I guess your poison's not working anymore. There's no more pain!" I said, quietly yet triumphantly.

Damien whirled around from where he was about to go after my brother and growled. "Oh really? I'll have to talk to Lupo about that. But in the meantime..." He grinned sadistically, plunging the knife into my side, burying it hilt deep. I gritted my teeth.