Chapter 29) What Are We Going To Do With Lupo?

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Captain Barnacles POV: "Tweak!" I shouted, watching the pale bunny collapse into Dashi's arms. Dashi and Kwazii, working together, helped Tweak get back up into a sitting position.

Kwazii looked her in the eye. "Tweak, me hearty, you're a strong spirit, but you need to rest. I might not be a medic, but I'm sure Peso would agree."

I looked at Kwazii. "What happened?" I asked him. Kwazii and Tweak explained everything, the giant black widow, how it had bit Tweak, how Kwazii had pretty much annihilated the beast, and how it had turned out to be a machine.

Selene was staring at them wide eyed, Derek cradled in her arms. "This is all my fault..." She whispered.

I shook my head. "No Selene. None of this is your fault. All of this is Lupo's fault. He's the one to blame for what all of us have been through, not you." I argued.

She gave me a faint smile. "Thank you, Captain. You're very sweet."

I smiled. A single kind word from her could make me feel like I was floating. Derek cooed in her arms. "Mama! Dada!" He gurgled.

Selene hugged him tight. "Your first words, Derek!"

Lupo, who had stopped screaming, glared at the three of us. "Derek! I am your father! Not him!" Derek blew him a razzberry. I smiled once more.

isobeljones2000

Tunip's POV: The Vegimals and I crowded around Tweak as Kwazii told the story, Eelean was holding Tweak's paw. The green bunny' s eyes were glazed and she was breathing heavily, obviously in quite a lot of pain right now, but she smiled softly as Eelean leant in and whispered something to her.

"What did you say?" I asked her. She smiled over to me and spoke - which immediately told me the answer.

"Something she understood." But Eelean had spoken in English!

"You can speak English?" I gasped in amazement. Eelean giggled and went back to Vegimalese.

"Not quite fluently, but I spent a long time in that cage listening to Christian speak and reading signs on the walls. I can't speak a lot, but I know the basics."

"What did you say to Tweak?" I asked.

"You're going to be all right," Eelean said in a perfect imitation of Tweak's Southern-American accent. All the Vegimals gasped and some fainted in astonishment. I was speechless.

"You can do accents as well?"

"Yeah. I've always had a talent for that, I can hear a voice once and copy it easily," Eelean shrugged.

"That's amazing," I told her sincerely. Eelean giggled again, then said in a perfect imitation of my voice: "You're not so bad yourself, Tunip, leader of the Vegimals."

"So my girlfriend is smart, cute, and amazing at accents and English. Any more hidden talents, Eelean?" I asked.

Eelean didn't get a chance to reply before Shellington came over, asking: "Are you all right, Vegimals? How's Tweak doing?" He was looking at Eelean curiously.

"Oh we're fine, thanks, Shellington," Eelean said in English and copying Shellington's accent. I and all the other Vegimals fell over laughing, as Shellington stared at her in astonishment and amazement.

"That," I said when I could breathe again, "is going to be so much fun."

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Peso's POV: She's not dead. That was the only thought in my mind as I lifted Kate into my arms and raced to the coordinates that Selene had sent me. She's not dead.