38) Memory Tampering

A/N) Sorry I haven't updated this in a while. Been busy. Revising and stuff. Muh.
Anyway, enjoy!

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Christian's POV: Eelean was eyeing a clock on the wall nervously. "Shouldn't Tunip, Shellington, and Peso be back already with Tweak?" She asked worriedly. It broke my heart to see her so anxious.

"I'm sure there's a logical explanation to all this... they're probably just lost. The tunnels can be confusing." I speculated.

Blind optimism? Perhaps a little bit. But it seemed to comfort the young Vegimal slightly. "I hope they're alright..." She whispered, tears in her brilliant green eyes.

I nodded. "Well, i'm sure they are. I knew Kwazii, Kate, and Selene in my childhood, and if there is one thing I know about them, its that they won't go down without a fight. I'm guessing that their friends are the same way." I stated matter-of-factly.

Eelean sighed. "I guess you're right," She murmured. "I just wish that we could check on them, but the radios are gone and the monitors aren't working."

I couldn't help but smile. "Well, how about we fix those monitors and see if our friends need help?" I suggested.

Eelean brightened. "Let's do it!" She agreed enthusiastically.

isobeljones2000

Dashi's POV: I whimpered as the flame came closer to my cheek, listening to the ominous crackle of dancing sparks. Lupo was laughing, saying something to the Captain, but I could only concentrate on one thing, the flame. My memories were swirling around my head, it felt like I was five years old, seventeen and twenty nine all at the same time. But all of my past selves all had one thing in common, they experienced pain.

Lupo leant in and said one thing that spurred my memories on. What he said on that day.

"What's the matter Dashi? Don't you like my fire?"

*flashback*

Thirteen year old Dashi, sitting on the brick wall, her camera looped around her wrist as normal. Her father had promised to buy her a new one for her birthday, but Dashi had used this one since she was seven. It carried emotional attachment for her.

"What's up?" the cocky voice of the fourteen year old asked. Dashi looked up at Lupo, cocking her head and pretending to be surprised.

"Oh Lupo. Didn't see you there."

"Got something for you." Lupo had a smirk on his face and Dashi waited expectantly.

He brought out a lighter and flicked on the flame. Dashi froze, her fur immediately standing on end.

"It's - beautiful," she hazarded.

Lupo grinned. "Look. It loves me." And he ran it up his arm, grinning all the time as it blackened his already dark fur.

"Don't!" Dashi said quickly.

"What's the matter, Dashi? Don t you like my fire?"

"I hate fire," she muttered. Any normal cousin would have probably put it away at this point, but Lupo's smile just widened.

"Well you had better get used to it, dear cousin." And he quickly ran it along her fur, singing the tips of her hairs on her arms.

"Don't Lupo!"

"Why? It's not as if I did this." And he plunged it onto her stomach for one long second. Dashi screamed, and Lupo just smiled.

"Our secret, Dashi. Got it?"